• Show
Clear All

• Top Gear USA season premier on NOW

History channel
    That which you manifest is before you.

Damn, it is pretty funny!

Comment

That surprised me, I didn't see any dates advertised for season 2. I was looking at the tv guide and saw it on. I definitely think it's better than the car show, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment

I'm with you. Maybe it was because The Car Show sucked so bad, but I was entertained by the wackiness of that episode last night. The manure hauling part of the thing was hilarious.

Comment

Bryan couldn't watch it so I kept texting him teasers
          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

wonder if I recorded it.... oh well, was working on cars - and that's always better
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

^^^ correcto!

(although seeing a couple yards of cow crap get dumped into a Miata and said Miata getting driven 10 miles full of said cow crap was funny as hell)

Comment

I was kind of digging it until the hosts are told they have 12 hours to make their cars into monster trucks, and they come out with pretty complete trars. I thought they would at least attempt to make it look like these guys did their own work.

Comment

Honestly, with those three guys, I wouldn't have believed they did a damned thing to any of their cars other than shit like Tanner Foust putting tape on the fuel line of his BMW. Hey, if you are taping a fuel line, you aren't constructing a sweet, sweet Trar.

I just enjoyed the fact that they had some actual chemistry and didn't seem like three people who had just met at a bus stop.

Gearheads they ain't, but entertainers they were (at least for me last night).

Brian

Comment

This is like comparing examining the attributes of an Accord vs. a Camry, but I like The Car Show better. And I did record it.... and watched the finish of the TDF instead.
                    I do still like Top Gear, but since they decided that they were going to pull the Simpson's trick of throwing a new on in a bunch of re-runs - I rarely catch it (Direct TV DVR is as reliable as a Vega)
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm watching the English version right now.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Disappointed with one major point: The trars...the BMW and the Miata look, more or less, like the cars used. When the hell did Adam's '75 Maverick become a '70?
                        Last edited by BangShift McT; July 25, 2011, 06:48 PM.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I PREFER ALL WORKED UP ON trutv

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            Disappointed with one major point: The trars...the BMW and the Miata look, more or less, like the cars used. When the hell did Adam's '75 Maverick become a '70?
                            it still burst into flame though so close enough lol

to be honest i did not notice but then agian i have only ever seen 2 mavericks. the one on topgear and the blue one they had in Hot Rod

EDIT: ok i see what you mean. the interior also went from blue to tan
                            Last edited by Mater; July 26, 2011, 12:57 AM.
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

After the English Version did the Southern Ride and Crap they pulled in Alabama.... I'm pretty much not going to give it my time... they aren't worth it... and an American Version that doesn't lambast those Asshats.... .... Oh hell nevermind...

I'm just saying the English Version and the hosts should be sent to Iraq for 10 yrs in Burka's and treated like the little bitches they are...

Comment

Working...
                              X