No announcement yet.

How much crap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the kid thing...now that mine are grown up, and the Lovely Donna is stuck with the horse farm, I carry more tools and spare parts to fix the beaters I drive on vacation than clothes or anything else. I get by with a big gym bag worth of clothes.

I keep talking to my oldest son about doing a european tour with a nothing more than a backpack and a train pass. Life stripped of all our accumulated crap can be liberating.
    I'm still learning

Comment

First, what is a vacation? Oh yeah things people who work for a living take, but I never did when I worked.

Second, I learned to pack light in the military. I can go on a two - four week trip with a single ALICE pack, as long as I can do laundry once or twice.

Third, when you drive across the country as often as I do, you have no intentions of going anywhere to get away from it all, I am already away from it all right here.

My ex would pack three or four bags that took up the entire trunk of the 70 GTO (Which is freakin huge compared to new cars) for an overnight stay at my parents house when I had to work on something at the farm. The current wife is like me, she can live out of one bag for a month too. She likes hardcore camping, like build a debris shelter instead of hauling a tent, haul only clothes, food, sleeping bag and a thermal barrier, and put your food up a tree so the bears cant get it. We dont go camping much since we live in the woods.

Comment

Working...
      X