Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C5 Vette...6spd... Trans and TT removal..anyone?...broke the roll pin in the linkage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 Vette...6spd... Trans and TT removal..anyone?...broke the roll pin in the linkage.

Well.....was out bangin gears with the boy.....went to pull rubber in 4th....and shifter disconnected from the the trans.
    So....who here has removed one before? Book calls for 8.5 hours....NICE!.....And did you pull the torque tube and trans as one piece?....looks tricky lining up the linkage if you dont.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

yep , fun - we have a special extension for the trans jack to hold the torque tube

you driving with no plates ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      yep , fun - we have a special extension for the trans jack to hold the torque tube

you driving with no plates ?
      YUP....still got a dealer plastic on it.....the "SMOG" is on the way....cost me 150.00 to get it "passed"....soon I'll go to DMV to get plates.

Maybe if Chad comes up this weekend we'll get the TT and Trans out......he owes me....LOL

Thanks for the tip.....most likely my buddies repair shop is gonna tackle it...not much Vette experience...but at least he knows to open the hood trunk lid and doors before picking it up on the hoist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
        YUP....still got a dealer plastic on it.....the "SMOG" is on the way....cost me 150.00 to get it "passed"....soon I'll go to DMV to get plates.

Maybe if Chad comes up this weekend we'll get the TT and Trans out......he owes me....LOL

Thanks for the tip.....most likely my buddies repair shop is gonna tackle it...not much Vette experience...but at least he knows to open the hood trunk lid and doors before picking it up on the hoist.
        That's only on the C4 Corvettes. C5 and C6 Vettes are very stiff and you won't get body panel contact that chips your paint.

Comment

With stock exhaust air tools an a lift it's a 2 hr job out and a 3 hour job back in. My bro pmd you my number I can tell you a few tricks to make it easier. I would highly recommend doing the clutch while it's out. And also resealing the diff. Call me well talk about it

Comment

Originally posted by greenjunk View Post
            With stock exhaust air tools an a lift it's a 2 hr job out and a 3 hour job back in. My bro pmd you my number I can tell you a few tricks to make it easier. I would highly recommend doing the clutch while it's out. And also resealing the diff. Call me well talk about it
            Got the PM...I'll be calling...it has full Borla Exhaust....headers and all.... The clutch was done in March right before I got the car....but while I'm in there we'll check it out....your Bro told me of the interesting "specialty" tools to do this.......sounds BANGSHIFTY.

Comment

ya , it's tit

Comment

Working...
              X