HOTROD magazines 2008 Top Speed Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTROD magazines 2008 Top Speed Challenge

I figured I would stop by and let everyone know that I ran at the top speed challenge sponsored by Hotrod mag at the maxton monster mile.

I was competing in the super street class and had a best mph of 210.290 which was enough for the win.

The conditions where pretty poor as we got rained out on sat. which I believe was the first time a whole day was ever lost to a rain delay at maxton, and then there was the wind which was a pretty steady approx. 15 mph or so.

I also destroyed my class record by almost 40 mph while going over 200 mph which got me into the coveted maxton 200 mph lifetime club(got my green hat)

It was a really nice event as there where a lot of cars. I didn't get to see that many cars or go talk to as many people as I would have liked because I was too busy working on my car, I just got it started and done on sat. at like 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Re: HOTROD magazines 2008 Top Speed Challenge

Sorry for posting this here I didn't see the other maxton post in events. If a mod wants to move this please do.

Comment

This is good, dude, and congrats! I've always thought that was an awesome car! Glad it came through for you this year.

Comment

Hey thanks alot David, that means alot coming from you.

Comment

Dude...just think, if you hadn't let Turk touch it you may have shattered that record by 50 mph!

HA!

Just kidding....it's a killer car and I'm sure Turk showed you some aero magic that helped your cause. I'm thinking 210 is a handful on the course AWD or not!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Actually the car was raced just like it was (aerodynamically) last year. The aero changes are yet to be implemented.

Comment

Like David I've always really liked the car...

I'm also not fogetting just how much you have left in that junk.... I know there's a 220 hiding in it somewhere....

NO KIDDING guys... this thing is that incredible... and it looks Just like the Camaro... a total race car.. hammered on constantly... paint is optional... speed is Mandatory!!!

Keith

Comment

You guys looked great. Way to blow away the old record. Good Luck going forward.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I shot this pic of Keith and Rob Kinnan,, bad ass Factory Five car, I think he only took it to 159mph, the car is capable of 200+ on the open road

I have a vid of the Evo leaving the line and going down the track, I just need to figure out how to post it,,,lol
                  Living the dream!

Comment

I put it ou youtube, lets see if this works,,,,,,,

"http://www.youtube.com/v/4v1JNuI927w"
                    Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
                      I shot this pic of Keith and Rob Kinnan,, bad ass Factory Five car, I think he only took it to 159mph, the car is capable of 200+ on the open road

I have a vid of the Evo leaving the line and going down the track, I just need to figure out how to post it,,,lol
                      Damn I would have thought it went faster than that, Maybe Rob was babying it :D

Only a 4, you guys were hauiling ass that is for sure.

Comment

congrats.That is a bad a!@ ride.
                        The weather did suck march- April 20th the weather can good bad or damn ugly.That was just bad.
                        terry

Comment

4G63 power!!!!!

Only a 4, can you detail your engine combination for us? Stock block, right? what about crank, rods and pistons? which turbo? engine management?

I think it would be good for the domestic guys here to see what the truly fast import guys do to make that kind of power.

-scott
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hey guys,

I was the guy with Rob in the Factory Five Cobra Daytona Coupe. Rob went through the traps at the top of 5th on the rev limiter (7K). The has plenty of guts so I don't doubt that it would pull 6th gear pretty hard.

That car annhiliates the tires at the touch of the throttle in just about every gear until 4th.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              Hey guys,

I was the guy with Rob in the Factory Five Cobra Daytona Coupe. Rob went through the traps at the top of 5th on the rev limiter (7K). The has plenty of guts so I don't doubt that it would pull 6th gear pretty hard.

That car annhiliates the tires at the touch of the throttle in just about every gear until 4th.

Brian
                              Was that a new concept or just one of the Factroy Five current models?

Comment

Working...
                              X