HOTROD magazines 2008 Top Speed Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOTROD magazines 2008 Top Speed Challenge

Mike, i saw you leave on your last pass of the weekend. I don't know if people realize how TOTALLY VIOLENT that little car is. Bangin off the two step to launch and blowing off all the tires- I figured Turk was gonna freak but he must have been blinded by the speed! Good Job.

Also I saw you ran it at the Sand Hills Open Road course. How is that place? Did you run the whole 50 miles or just the standing mile deal?

Comment

Was that a new concept or just one of the Factroy Five current models?

The only pic i had of the new record holder.

Here are the factory 5 cars.

Comment

That Factory Five car is the GTM...the kit is available for purchase now.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian.. Killer Hat :D :D :D :D

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
            Mike, i saw you leave on your last pass of the weekend. I don't know if people realize how TOTALLY VIOLENT that little car is. Bangin off the two step to launch and blowing off all the tires- I figured Turk was gonna freak but he must have been blinded by the speed! Good Job.

Also I saw you ran it at the Sand Hills Open Road course. How is that place? Did you run the whole 50 miles or just the standing mile deal?
            Turk loves the car and principle behind it. Just hearing the car from the impound lanes was attention grabbing enough. I was listening when Mike and some others were talking about the Sand Hills and the narrow roads through there. Sounds like a fun place to race though.

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied to you guys earlier but I haven't been home at a normal time, so I finally made it home at a decent hour.

Thanks alot for all the good words, they are greatly appreciated!!!

Revolutionary- I didn't run the road coarse, I only ran the standing mile in Nebraska.
              Let me tell you that track(country 2 lane road) is extremely narrow and has no shoulders at all, it was very scary, it's also at almost 3,000 ft above sea level.
              The road race is I'm told one of the more difficult open road challenges around(it's pretty tight and twisty).It was a fun event though as the people are very nice and it was pretty well run.

Dieselgeek- As for the engine setup it has a -

stock block
              stock crank
              aluminium rods(first time trying these, it usually just has a good set of steel rods)
              Arias pistons
              stock head (ported)
              aftermarket valves -springs -and cams
              stock lifters
              stock rocker arms
              stock oil pump
              I think you get the idea the engine is mostly stock parts with some good aftermarket parts thrown in and a lot of great machine work.

The turbo at this time is a Borg Warner 74 mm (s400)this was the first time I ran this turbo and it is f'n great, last year I was only running a small gt42r(70 mm) this turbo has tons left in it.

I am running AEM engine management.

Comment

I do love the car... Not because it's a Ricer or an import or even a 4 banger... but because Mike has Hot Rodded this thing to death... it's just a Billy Bad Ass little thing that really isn't pissed off at any point in it's run... it's just happy to run as hard as your willing to mash your foot... There simply isn't anything violent about it... Clean and neat sure why not... but it really seems effortless ... all the way around...

Really good cars feel that way... not a lot of drama... just rock solid performances...

So yeah I'm tickled to no end that Mike showed up... raced the car and WON..

To me it was exactly how this event was supposed to play out...

And Hey ... some Kudo's to Kris Henderson too... that's one wicked ass Jag.

Keith

Comment

Yah Keith, I have to agree that jag is a really cool car and the guys that run it really know whats up with it, I was in line rite behind them and witnessed them overcome not just 1 problem right before the start but 2 or 3 and they took care of them all and got the pass off no problem, it was painful watching it. I felt for those guys as I have been there and done that, and I'm sure everyone else here knows as well as I do that that is extremely nerve racking.

Comment

Seth,

Dig on the hat all you want, but you saw the effect of 22 minutes worth of sunlight on my pale ass Irish skin. I need something with a brim to keep Mr Sun away or I end up looking like Red Skull, that guy from the comic books.

Also....that's my racin' hat. It's been on my noggin faithfully for about 10 years every time I'm going to shoe something. I'll even let you smell it to verify that fact. Simply put...it's my binky.

Starting line violence rules!

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Wait a minute the 200mph club and its ran 8.9's??????
                      Either one is an outstanding accomplishment!!!

Comment

Mike congrats on the win!!!!!! I have to say that thing accelerates like it has a jet engine straped to it. If anyone want to see a car launch hard at a land speed event you need to check this thing out. Wow 210mph thats a big number to get into the 2 club with.

Hat, T shirt and Jacket on the same day. Their cant be a better feeling!!!!!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Starting line violence rules!
                          .. while wearing your binky ?

;D

Comment

Mikeblsr- that day was definitely one of the best days ever. The only thing that was left out on my ultimate weekend list was for the car to go 220 mph +.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                              So yeah I'm tickled to no end that Mike showed up... raced the car and WON..
                              I was definitely tickled as well. It was an entire week of hell to get there and it all paid off with a happy ending. And everyone loves happy endings...

Comment

Working...
                              X