How to rid rats/mice from field cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rid rats/mice from field cars?

I'm buying a car that's been sitting and I fear there may be rodents. How would you make absolutely certain it's empty before bringing to your home? Thank you
    STUGOTS

fumigate the lil' bahstids.
    Last edited by Caveman Tony; July 29, 2011, 03:46 PM.
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

hire a guy named Pied who owns a piccolo?
      seriously, rat poison leave it in the car for a few days.... whatever is left will be dead.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Take the field cat home with it?

The last one I had, you didn't need to worry about the rats so much as the nests they left. Fired it up alright. Fwoof. Thank god for fire extinguishers. Little bastards built a nest over the first set of converters. They'll be scared bad when it starts moving and try to get away from it. You can't do anything about the babies that are too small to leave, the others will be like rats from a sinking ship.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've done this 4 times.....large dense tarp(lined or coated is best...I've actually used a swimming pool liner)....sand to seal the edges....and a 125cu ft CO(yes...you can get Carbon Monoxide) tank....and regulator...cover car....sand around perimeter....cit slit in tarp....30-60 cfm for 5-8 hours....dead everything....tried a generator exhaust running once...didnt work.
          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Oh hell yea, I didn't think about that. You can buy Bromogas from landscape places. Same shit they used in WWii, they use it to kill everything under the tarp (grasses). Only problem with it - if you smell it, you're probably already dead.

/edit, ooops. Been a long time since I worked in a chemical warehouse. Methyl Bromide, it seems, was discontinued courtesy of the EPA:

Last edited by Beagle; July 29, 2011, 04:40 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If you have a few days to wait you can use the following(with no ill effects on other surrounding animals)

Moth Balls
              Peppermint Oil
              Dryer Sheets
              Glue Traps

Comment

I dont like any poison , since yhey die and stink up the car, I used mouse/Rat traps baited with Peanut butter.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

do a chassis off restoration before you bring it home, problem solved
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Chemical dip
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Wash those critters out at a car wash. You'll need to get their urine out of the upholstery and interior anyway.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                      X