No announcement yet.

What else do I need for this '67 truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I had a Saginaw in my truck with the competition plus shifter, I used the tall truck shift lever, and cut and rewelded it near the base, to lean it forward. worked fine.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

we should have a poll for how many of us caught the Edelbrock Pro Flow on fire.. you have to check out the description on this web page. It's google translator gone wrong:

EDELBROCK 1002 PRO-FLO AIR CLEANER
      • Reusable air filter component included
      • Comes with disdainful reticulated urethane froth element
      • Base element of the air cleanser is done of steel as well as comes with an superb chrome finish
      • The Edelbrock trademark is embossed upon the tip of the air cleaner
      • Perfect resolution for low metal cover clearway problems
      Product Description

The Edelbrock Pro-Flo Air Cleaner provides the undiluted resolution for low metal cover clearway problems. They suggest higher upsurge genius as well as glorious filtration. These air cleaners have the lifted bottom character as well as come in the triangular shape. The tip of the air cleanser is done of steel as well as comes with the filigree finish. The bottom element of the air cleanser is done of steel as well as comes with the pleasing chrome finish.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Chrome Diff cover, and fuzzy dice.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

It needs one of these, for $6.50 you can't NOT buy it! And it needs to be proudly displayed at the top of the windsheild.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	!C!74HH!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!lsEz+4p+SshBNFTLYmwuQ~~_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	856615

Also a Grant GT steering wheel and a "Barefoot" surfer gas pedal.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I was going to try and get a BS logo for the windshield, but this one might have to do.....

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
            It needs one of these, for $6.50 you can't NOT buy it! And it needs to be proudly displayed at the top of the windsheild.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3589[/ATTACH]

Also a Grant GT steering wheel and a "Barefoot" surfer gas pedal.
            Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

dot com had not been invented yet.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

A few more 80's-tastic car accessories that come to mind...

1. Don't forget fog lights. It seemed like every truck back in the day had fog lights.

2. Crushed velour seat(s), or cover the one you have with a "sheepskin" seat cover.

3. Just to be an ass, put a "Baby on Board" sign in you back window.

4. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but you got to get an equalizer for your Super Tuner.

5. General Lee "Dixie" car horn.

6. Old cup holder. The kind that fi into the door's window channel

7. Small, round, stick-on digital clock.

That's all I can think of for now.
                Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

No Baby On Board sign, but a suction cupped Garfield in the window will do.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It has matching Unity spotlights, does that count? I'm pulling those suckers out as soon as I start on it. LOL. I'm trying not to get too ghetto 80s fantastic, I'm just sick of big rimmed, rubber band trucks with lots of billet and chrome under the hood. The guy at Discount Tire was looking at me like I was mental when I explained i wanted the white letters OUT. It's not going to appeal to half the potential buyers when I sell it, but guys our age will get a kick out of it. I hadn't thought about the sheepskin cover, but that's actually a great idea. I miss those things.

Forget the Dixie horn, I want one of those friggin Chewbacca horns like in Fan Boys. I've looked everywhere......

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
                    A few more 80's-tastic car accessories that come to mind...

1. Don't forget fog lights. It seemed like every truck back in the day had fog lights.

2. Crushed velour seat(s), or cover the one you have with a "sheepskin" seat cover.

3. Just to be an ass, put a "Baby on Board" sign in you back window.

4. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but you got to get an equalizer for your Super Tuner.

5. General Lee "Dixie" car horn.

6. Old cup holder. The kind that fi into the door's window channel

7. Small, round, stick-on digital clock.

That's all I can think of for now.
                    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                      It's not going to appeal to half the potential buyers when I sell it, but guys our age will get a kick out of it.
                      You're going to SELL that truck?? I figured you'd keep that thing!

Oh, and here's your sheepskin seat cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-W...#ht_1571wt_734
                      Last edited by HillbillySailor2; August 1, 2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I was digging thru my stash and came across a set of old Pro Stock finned valve covers along with a matching Pro Stock single plane intake. What do you think of those pieces? anyone remember them?

Comment

Hey Squirrel, what was the difference in years on the Mickey Thompson logos? I have one pair that are M/T and one pair that are M\T. I never really paid attention till I went out to see which were in better shape. Thanks.

Comment

a bandana around the neck of the drivers mirror

80's I'd think centerline draglites or convo pros,
                            glasspacks or thrush small case turbo's, when you lower it, it'll need a rake,, the rear, jeep springs are a junkyard away to drop the rear..
                            high school gad hat jewelery(tassels) hanging fron rear view, greatfull dead sticker, a rolling stones tonque sticker,

I have 2 amp/eq (underdash units)
                            and if you can't find a pioneer don't forget more kids had a kraco radio than a supertunerIII
                            jenson still makes the 6by9's
                            and don't forget the gummby rubber toy on the dash
                            Last edited by Stich496; August 1, 2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Like I said in the begining, this is going to be low buck, I'm trying to use what parts I have left after getting rid of almost everything. These 15x7 Huricane or "Turbine" wheels are ones that I have kept just in case I got another 6 lug truck. They scream old school and I'm burnt on anything bigger than a 15 right now. I'm wondering whether I should do the 2/4 drop and then run 235/60/25 in the front and 255/70/15 in the back. From the tire chart it's shwoing about a 3 inch difference in height. What do you guys think, run 235s on all four corners, or get a little rubber rake with the tires.

The only new parts that I'm actually outlaying cash on this one are the tires, the Muncie and the carpet and seat cover. Everything else is stuff collected over the years. If I hadn't bought the M20 I probably could have gone with different wheels, but I couldn't stand the thought of that granny low 4 speed in there if I was dressing it all up.

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                              a bandana around the neck of the drivers mirror

80's I'd think centerline draglites or convo pros,
                              glasspacks or thrush small case turbo's, when you lower it, it'll need a rake,, the rear, jeep springs are a junkyard away to drop the rear..
                              high school gad hat jewelery(tassels) hanging fron rear view, greatfull dead sticker, a rolling stones tonque sticker,

I have 2 amp/eq (underdash units)
                              and if you can't find a pioneer don't forget more kids had a kraco radio than a supertunerIII
                              jenson still makes the 6by9's
                              and don't forget the gummby rubber toy on the dash

Comment

With that thought in mind, I echo Jim's thoughts on the shifter. I'd find a way to reuse the original (cut, weld, whatever).

Comment

Working...
                                X