No announcement yet.

Hospital 2.0 the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get better man, missed your cranky ass round here lately.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Mark, hoping for the best for you on my end!
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Good luck Mark, get better quick.
        Bring the Dr. a sleeve of golf balls as a gift - he'll never forget you.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good luck and get well soon.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I was wondering what the hell happened to you.

Take care of yourself, heal quickly, get better.

Bob
            I'm still learning

Comment

well mark , since you aren't here , I will light this place up on my own

Comment

Get well soon Mark!
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

First know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have gone through catheterization and you need not worry. It is a rather quick procedure and when I have had mine (two times) I was awake and watching the monitor. You won't feel anything, but you will have to get shaved (you might feel that if they use a dry razor like they did for me the first time, although the electric this last time was not much better.) They will put a pressure bandage on until they are very sure the site has healed over. You don't want that artery to break loose. So it is keeping pretty still for a while. Hang in their brother, do what the docs and nurses say, don't push it for a while. Remember we're here for ya'.
                  Last edited by JRoberts; August 2, 2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Ask the docs about carrying a mini bottle of baby-aspirin around with you. Could save your heart... and your life.

Its one of the very first things EMTs give patients they suspect of having a heart attack.

It thins out the clot that's killing the muscle in that section of your heart.

Not for everyone though, so ask the doc.

MAKE some BIG changes in your life dude, or else it'll repeat, only worse... and worse... and worse...

But look at the bright side... you're only cranky and bitter because your from NEW ENGLAND.

HA!
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

except brian and tony . most of those bostonians have a giant chip on their shoulder

Comment

Uh Jim - reminds me of the pot calling the kettle black...... New York/New Jersey state of mind kinda thing, you guys invented sarcasm me thinks.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

thanks everyone,
                          that easy op. was 7 hours.. a few things didn't help..
                          I have an artery that crosses over another one at the heart that they are say'n shouldn't be there.. and inturn is crushing the one the heart really needs flow from.. (not sure what they ment) but they ballonned that one,
                          years ago I had opened up the back of my knee from a wreck, and that vein is colaping at the back of the knee slowing and at some points of movement stopping flow,, this may need to be reopened, waiting on doc. to advise on options
                          my diet needs to change, because my bad colesterol is 256 , try'n diet first before any pills/etc
                          and I've lost 30 lb, that was the only good news,
                          the stress test with die, they are alittle miffted about, as my heart rate took forever to get to 155 , they said it was odd for it to take 3 minutes at the lower levels then 10 minutes on the treadmill at 7mph . heart rate low but sweat'n like a pig.. so, doc said more test are in my future, (yay )
                          they think the passing out might be more the vein in the knee than the sleep issue, tho they said that wasn't helping.
                          if the ballon of the artery doesn't keep it open they may need to do something with the one thats where it shouldn't be..
                          and they are not say'n what or why it there or what caused it to form there.. this should be fun..
                          more questions than answers, yay...
                          anyways thanks for the well wishes..
                          next few weeks of doctors will not be fun, alot of lifestyle changes coming is all they aluded to.. beyond a change in diet..
                          and lungs haven't got any better since last exray, I might as well have smoked since 12..
                          more scared now than when they didn't know why I was having the pain
                          Last edited by Stich496; August 3, 2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I would try a non romney care hospital like connecticut or rhode island ..yes , I am serious

Comment

well.. yesterday we went food shopping.. and oh that was fun..
                              turning everything around to read the back. and getting the "ok" or "nay" for the wife..
                              well dum dum me . emptied the cart onto the belt. and then carried the bags into the house...
                              and a few hours later my wrist and inner thigh are in pain..
                              thigh is fine now but my wrist is killing me.. now I know why they said no lifting any more than 10 lb and no working..

Comment

Getting old SUCKS...
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X