Hospital 2.0 the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital 2.0 the upgrade

yesterday driving to work got hard sharp chest pains, couldn't even turn the wheel in the truck..
    drove to hospital and wife met me..
    today they did a radio active stress test.. and the pictures show a few possable "fixable" issues..
    tomorrow I get a heart catheterization, sounds like fun!!! anyone ever have one???

between the sleep app. and this making me tired, sluggish and moody
    I always thought it was heartburn, and after them finding nothing the last time . I was sure it was just heartburn, guess not..

so I'd like to say, I'm sorry for being an argumentive(sp?) asshole,
    I know being sick does not make it right, but.. I've never been so misserable than these last few years, again don't make it right.. but all I can do is say sorry..

signed scared shittless

Good luck Mark. Hope they fix the issue.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

They should be able to fix you right up - but you're right to be scared. This is REAL stuff! Evidently you aren't in the "OMG" status yet or you would already have the stents in place.

I had The Big One in 2002 and have been getting by on 3/4 of a heart ever since. I have some restrictions but I can pretty much do anything I want to do. Given that they didn't rush you into the cath lab I'm guessing you don't have any heart damage yet so you should do just fine. Sounds stupid, but you'll have to learn to take it easy. Stress is, literally, a killer. I've always been pretty laid back but am now near comatose.

They'll take care of you. Find a cardio doc you can trust then LISTEN to him/her. Do what they tell you. Drugs and cardiac rehab have done wonders for me and I bet they'll help you, too.

PM me if you have any specific questions. We'll be traveling for the next few weeks but I'll check in here from time to time.

Good luck!
      Dan

Comment

It'll all work out man, don't stress yourself, that is basically the worst thing you can do.......

Comment

Good that they have pinned it down .... you'll bounce back brother.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Get healthy man. I never had a problem with you. Glad to see that you're smart enough to get help. A co-worker of mine (late 50's) has been complaining of feeling lousy, pains in his chest and arm. Absolutely refuses to see a Dr. Still hasn't!
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'll be praying for you, hope all goes well
              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

He's crusing for a dirt nap. If you like the guy throw him in the car and drag him to the ER. Otherwise.......

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                A co-worker of mine (late 50's) has been complaining of feeling lousy, pains in his chest and arm. Absolutely refuses to see a Dr. Still hasn't!

Comment

Avoid spraying epoxy primer for a while and listen to your doctor (and a second opinion!)
                  If you dont have a CPAP machine you can sleep well with, test drive different ones for fit and sound. APNEA is no bueno. I went against James Garners reccomendations and quit red meat (as much as possible) and that helped a lot (other than my attitude) by letting me drop 25lbs..I still dream about in and out burgers though.
                  Good luck!
                  Bruce
                  www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                  Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    He's crusing for a dirt nap. If you like the guy throw him in the car and drag him to the ER. Otherwise.......

He doesn't carry health insurance either! Refuses to do so.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

good luck mark

Comment

Mark - do what the docs say, get additional opinions if your spidey sense is tingling with the first doc too, they do after all work for us and we can fire them - and find another.

Hopefully this will be the answer to the ongoing issues - and over time you'll feel better.

My Brother in law was feeling run down allot - went in for a physical - and was lying on an operating table with his chest split open a few hours later - a quintuple bypass at the age of 48! I hope you don't have that in your future - he's doing just fine now and has quit drinking and eating like a garbage disposal, lost a few lbs and is overall much better all the way around.

Take care of yourself!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Mark man, you're a grumpy SOB but the automotive internet has been shaped partly thanks to you. Take it easy and don't go anywhere too quick.
                          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

don't stress, and while you're at it don't breath... sheesh. There are options, and it will be okay - just not terribly okay today.... when I went through my last major medical, I spent time constructing the next cars I'd build in my head - down to how I'd run the wiring.... that helped because I'd forget about the problem (morphine helped on that front as well)...
                            prayers are also going up on the west coast for you as well.

Aaron
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hope you get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X