Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i let them do this to my camaro again ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i let them do this to my camaro again ..........

with the 2011 route 66 rendezvous coming up in just a month i thought about this ......

last year at the route66 rendezvous KTLA 5 morning news did a segment on the different events during the (4) days which included the neon lite contest ,open header contest ,burnout contest and a general overview of all what happens during the event .well i signed up for the open header contest thinking i was going to rev my camaro up for the camera and that didn't happen . during the show the producer asked me if mark kriski could start my camaro up and rev it to see how loud it would go and nervously i answered yes knowing something might happen

well i'll let you watch the video but after telling mark to rev it only to 5k rpm and let the revs fall down to 2k rpm then rev it back up and also setting my shift lite to come on things didn't turn out so well after he exercised my motor . as you watch the vid you can see me starting to not like what was going on and could tell he was reving it farther than 5k rpm and not letting the rpm drop like we agreed to

well after i got back into my camaro to move it away from the cameras i really didn't notice anything until i walked back over to my car to put the exh back on .there i noticed the fan belt was completely twisted on the pulley's and no tools to fix it i had it towed back to my place .the belt was easy to fix and after a put the exh back on and started it up i heard a definate clatter from the rocker arms and pulled the v/cover only to find a very loose rocker arm and tweaked pushrod , luckily i had another pushrod and re-lashed that valve and all was good

here's the video

this was friends of mine at the same morning news segment ....

Last edited by oldschoolcamaro; August 2, 2011, 02:22 AM.
    "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

I'd say the potential risk is not worth the fleeting fame!
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

2 words
      rpm limiter, if you have an msd box, it's easy

Comment

He wasn't very nice to your car.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I probably would have lost my cool.

Comment

don't let anyone touch your car ..

Comment

hell no, dont let anyone touch your car,explain to them what happened last time and that you would be more than happy to do it for them or that they need to find another car to screw up.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I would say pull the reporters car next to yours and while he's sitting in your car, sit in his.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Why would you let them do that.

Comment

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                      He wasn't very nice to your car.
                      the way he pressed the throttle.. yikes .

I have not even heard a two stroke dirtbike take snaps like that.

that reporter needs to get back into his honda coupe with dual .75 (yep, that less than one inch) inch exhuast tips.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I let a bud of mine make a pass in my Formula when it had a 400 in it. He was used to a 302 sbc on a T bucket with huge slicks, not much torque there and plenty of RPM. He took it well past 7000 rpm and when the fan belt came off it dented the hood. That was the last time I let anyone drive that car. I was very lucky he didnt chuck a rod out of it.

No way in hell do you let someone do that, especially if they arent a car guy. TV personalities are usually quite limited in knowledge of anything mechanical, so its a definite hell no for them to run my car.

Comment

I wouldn't let that tool anywhere near my car!
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

They must go pound sand.
                            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

i would of yanked him out of the car. and then basicly tare him a new asshole all wile on camara
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                              X