No announcement yet.

Build or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me a car guy is someone who is hands on and instrumental in the parts gathering, research and fitment to design a hotrod worthy of himself. To me, a car is an extension of the soul, who can buy that? Money can't buy love. Here's something for the "car guys"
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Money is a tool. Its created by time in grade, sweat and work. Sitting behind a desk, making decisions and earning is time spent. The tool it creates substitutes for all the wrenches, tools, sweat in ours eyes and grease under our fingernails. As long as the tool is used with knowledge and thought, like any other tool, I don't have a problem with it.
      but that same "tool" and the knowledge and thought, also brought investors, that did nothing but hurt the hobby as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhed1971 View Post
        To me a car guy is someone who is hands on and instrumental in the parts gathering, research and fitment to design a hotrod worthy of himself. To me, a car is an extension of the soul, who can buy that? Money can't buy love. Here's something for the "car guys"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I-JQ...eature=related
        hell ya .. you gotta make time

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
          i build becuase i am poor if i had the moeny to buy a compleated car i would. i would still modify it though and change things to my liking so it would still be built some what
          This...

but if I had money it would also snowball, and then you would be able to say I built it anyway.

rule #1 in bodywork. There is no such thing as a simple paintjob.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The shop I work in is full of cars that are being built for their owners. Some are nice guys, some not so much. Some are hands on, some not at all. But I'm glad they are out there to keep the shop so busy. A basic paint job runs about 15k in our shop, but most are complete restos

In the shop right now is 3 Austin Healeys, an MGA, 2 Triumph TR3s, a Jag MKII sedan, a 49 MG TC, a Morgan, a Triumph TR6, a 50 Ford, a 70 Mustang Mach1, a 73 Charger. A Jag XKE roadster and VW Beetle convertible are on the way. People are spending a lot of money even in this economy, and we are benefiting from it.

Power to the guys who don't build their own! lol

Comment

Working...
            X