Build or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I'm thinking of selling a few long term projects that never got done....maybe I'm getting old?
    x2 on smarter unless your kids show interest. I'm at a critical point with deciding whether to recover all of my junk courtesy of lawyers or write it off as bad business investment. So torn.. some nice junk in that pile.

Meanwhile, I'm going to look at a Lightning shortblock for a 387... my a.d.d. knows no bounds. Bash away.

Frankly? I don't fear bashing. It's never really happened here to me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not part of any "clique" other than a bunch of folks who like to talk, read, build, dream, or generally just hang out. May have been a time or two were my panties got bunched up, but sand washes out.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 3, 2011, 03:43 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

proved my point

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        x2 on smarter unless your kids show interest. I'm at a critical point with deciding whether to recover all of my junk courtesy of lawyers or write it off as bad business investment. So torn.. some nice junk in that pile.

Meanwhile, I'm going to look at a Lightning shortblock for a 387... my a.d.d. knows no bounds. Bash away.

Frankly? I don't fear bashing. It's never really happened here to me, and I'm pretty sure I'm not part of any "clique" other than a bunch of folks who like to talk, read, build, dream, or generally just hang out. May have been a time or two were my panties got bunched up, but sand washes out.
        I will bash you if you want!

Good choice on the Lightning, I love mine but it's s Gen 2.

I have a project in the garage that is going absolutely nowhere. I bought it to build into a PT car for me and the wife but the wife is now gone and the car still sits. I'm thinking I'm either going to dump it or scrap it because I've lost ALL interest in it.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

ranch wagon ? that thing is cute , but you said it was way rusty

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            ranch wagon ? that thing is cute , but you said it was way rusty
            It needs floors and quarters but far from gone. No motivation.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              Do I want to still be building rusted heaps when I am 65? Probably, but I want some of them done by then too. Even if I could do two a year I have more cars than years left.
              This is where I'm at. I've got a couple of cars I want to get done, and I want to build a Bonneville car.

I've been accused (!) of being more interested in building than driving. Probably that's true. So I want to work at building fewer, better cars. And probably at least get the 8n going again.
              I'm still learning

Comment

A five pound sledge, a torch, some lighter fluid and a ham sandwich is the basic repair kit for an 8N.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ditto on Brian and Bob said as well. Guys like Yannik are incredible but some one who buys a car already built, loves and cars for it, that's fine with me as well.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I've always built 'em and take alot of pride in doing it. But I think when I finish Mary's coupe, I just might build a place to store 'em and buy a 2012 Camaro........
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      A five pound sledge, a torch, some lighter fluid and a ham sandwich is the basic repair kit for an 8N.

Brian
                      Ah my young paduan, tis true, but its the order of use that is the trick!!
                      I'm still learning

Comment

As long as they know whats in it and how to fix I don't care.

Like my dad says "bugs are cool" meaning drive 'em.

I really don't like seeing 250 car trailers outside of a Goodguys event. I know some need trailered for various reasons. But some of these cars only need the torque of the starter to get them on and off the trailer.
                        Jeff
                        Follow My Build

Comment

i build becuase i am poor if i had the moeny to buy a compleated car i would. i would still modify it though and change things to my liking so it would still be built some what
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Money is a tool. Its created by time in grade, sweat and work. Sitting behind a desk, making decisions and earning is time spent. The tool it creates substitutes for all the wrenches, tools, sweat in ours eyes and grease under our fingernails. As long as the tool is used with knowledge and thought, like any other tool, I don't have a problem with it.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                              Money is a tool. Its created by time in grade, sweat and work. Sitting behind a desk, making decisions and earning is time spent. The tool it creates substitutes for all the wrenches, tools, sweat in ours eyes and grease under our fingernails. As long as the tool is used with knowledge and thought, like any other tool, I don't have a problem with it.
                              Can I buy you a beer my friend?
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

It would be my pleasure. But the second one is on me.
                                I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                                X