Hagerty Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty Insurance

I won't try to use them ever again, and I suggest you don't either. They won't cover cars that have any part of a nitrous system installed. Wasted a bunch of time with them today, and because I was honest and am looking to have the whole car covered, I told them it had nitrous installed. They showed the same ignorance the majority of mainstream insurance companies show about nitrous and it's safe use. They wouldn't even allow me to run around with the bottle removed. Oh well, I'm sure I will find someone, somewhere that actually understands car-guys.

Supercharged? OK! Turbo? OK! Tubbed with slicks? Why not? Nitrous, an inert gas....an oxidizer that won't burn unless mixed with fuel? Oh my god, way too scary.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Bummer on the N20 - but Hagerty is the only one I know of that offers "project car" insurance that covers parts scattered here and there.... So I have policies with them on the '54 and the '69.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Did you ask about Nitro?
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
        I won't try to use them ever again, and I suggest you don't either. They won't cover cars that have any part of a nitrous system installed. Wasted a bunch of time with them today, and because I was honest and am looking to have the whole car covered, I told them it had nitrous installed. They showed the same ignorance the majority of mainstream insurance companies show about nitrous and it's safe use. They wouldn't even allow me to run around with the bottle removed. Oh well, I'm sure I will find someone, somewhere that actually understands car-guys.

Supercharged? OK! Turbo? OK! Tubbed with slicks? Why not? Nitrous, an inert gas....an oxidizer that won't burn unless mixed with fuel? Oh my god, way too scary.
        well, as seen as almost all of them have this "not covered if raced" and turbos and s/c are factory on some makes, prostreet cars are tubbed but allot are not fast, but the n.o.s. guys don't install it for looks, it's to race..
        now see the part about not covered if raced..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
          well, as seen as almost all of them have this "not covered if raced" and turbos and s/c are factory on some makes, prostreet cars are tubbed but allot are not fast, but the n.o.s. guys don't install it for looks, it's to race..
          now see the part about not covered if raced..
          Yes, that's true for all of their policies. Covered to and from the track. Even covered during parade laps and it the parking lot and pits (in most cases). None of the cars are covered while on track, but are at all other times. However, nitrous equipped cars are not covered at any time anywhere. Even if the system is safely disabled.
          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
            Yes, that's true for all of their policies. Covered to and from the track. Even covered during parade laps and it the parking lot and pits (in most cases). None of the cars are covered while on track, but are at all other times. However, nitrous equipped cars are not covered at any time anywhere. Even if the system is safely disabled.
            ever hear it only takes one to kill it for everyone else..
            in insurance comp. case it's been more than one.. but . you get the idea

Comment

CNA never asked about nitrous or trans brakes or .800 lift cams or nothin

Comment

they just want to cover show cars and garage queens , not that there is anything wrong with that

Comment

Given my experience with Hagerty, I will always use them.... but their prohibition about NOx bottles is puzzling - maybe it's because they can cause so much havoc if the top gets knocked off... I dunno
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Screw nitrous bottles, they won't insure a car that isn't garage stored, right?
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

or daily drivers?
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hmm, they never asked me if I had one or not on either of my cars. Yes, your car has to be in locked storage at night unless of course you're on a trip with your car. Grundy is one of the few that have no mileage restrictions for classic cars and they also offer they coverage to vehicles that haven't yet met the 25 year "classic" car cutoff. Henceforth, I've used them on my 87 Grand National and Chevelle. Either car cannot be your primary mode of transportation (aka daily driver) and must never be driven to work which kind of bums me out since I wouldnt' mind taking my car every now and then on nice days.
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

So far, no complaints from me... but then again, my car is garage kept and I'm askeered of the nitrous.

... but I hear ya. I was a little worried about whether or not they'd mind the roll bar or the fuel cell. No, that's ok the Girl on the phone said - as long as there's no nitrous, send photos of the trunk, engine, interior, and exterior please thankyouverymuch.

I bet they used to cover cars with nitrous and over time learned that it's a money losing proposition for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            Screw nitrous bottles, they won't insure a car that isn't garage stored, right?
                            right, none of the collector insurance will

Comment

Well, say all you want bad about Hagerty, but Im not going to. Im sitting here healing , after totaling my olds. They were nothing but great to deal with. And I never had a milage restriction in all my years with them . ( over 15 ) My GTO is in pieces and its still covered by them.
                              Spidey, CNA used to write the policeys for Hagarty. My wife worked for CNA.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X