best way to sell on evil bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to sell on evil bay

because of my health, I'm gonna have to make tuff choices..
    and I'll have to let a few things go..
    help on evil bay selling..
    thanks

Box the stuff up and weigh it before you list it. That way you can give an accurate shipping quote and can ship quick after you receive payment. Take good pics and type good descriptions. I have had good luck selling parts on ebay, but I don't think it's really at the same level it was a few years ago.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Stuff that you can't ship easily is not good stuff to sell on ebay. If you really want to sell it, put it up for auction for a week with a low starting bid and no reserve. I usually start at what I figure my time is worth for boxing up the item and listing it, like $10, unless it's something that I could probably use and I know it would cost me a lot more to replace it. Don't be surprised if you don't get a lot for most items, but if it's something that more than one person really wants, it should sell for a decent price.

I don't know about selling cars there....from what I've seen it's tough. If the car is not worth much, you won't get anything for it becuase the guys who want it are somewhere else.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

turn the clock back to 2001

Comment

I saw some one who had a pretty good trick to simplify estimating shipping costs. He charged a flat amount at the time of sale then refunded the difference of the actual cost of shipping on pay pal.

I haven't sold anything on Ebay in quite a while since I switched jobs. My last job had a mail room, boxes and shipping peanuts. it was very convenient to box, weigh and get shipping costs.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Ebay has gone to the dogs recently. All sellers seem to be businesses, now. You might come out better listing on specialty sites for the parts that you have. For example, my Oldsmobile stuff I sold on Realolspower.com. I have sold stuff on the HAMB and Yellowbullet as well and several other specialty sites. Most, if not all have free listings- Feebay won't give you the same deal...

If you do sell on Ebay, make sure you call the UPS Store and get a shipping quote from them. I have found that the UPS web site underestimates the shipping as does the Ebay shipping calculator.

Why not throw up a list here and let us see what you have. May save you some listing fees!
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

local could work..
              ebay ought to.

that rating stuff and what have you, real pain for 99.99999% of normal people.

just recently, my last sale possibly forever... some guy claimed a delivery that did not come. That is criminal. they get the stuff, then claim a refund witha dispute. That is ony one of many things a douchebag can do.

I am not selling there again.

account is 10.5 years now..was hoping to find car parts as places actually need an auction for old overhead.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                turn the clock back to 2001
                Yup, eBay sucks in 2011

Comment

Small stuff = Ebay
                  Big stuff = Craigslist

Always, ALWAYS get delivery confirmation and always charge for insurance. I found out the hard way when a buyer didnt want to pay for insurance and UPS destroyed the item, that even though the buyer refused insurance, it's the seller's responsibility for it to arrive safely. If it arrives broken, you better hope you paid for the insurance yourself or else you just ate the whole thing.
                  Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

What is wrong with Craig's List ?

If you are adamant about using FeeBay, make sure your research is diligent.
                    Check completed listings in your search and see what like items have actually sold for, rather than just checking current auctions, that have not concluded.

Once you understand the current market value, your best chance of a successful auction is good pictures and an excellent description write-up.

Having the correct shipping costs is also essential.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                      If you do sell on Ebay, make sure you call the UPS Store and get a shipping quote from them. I have found that the UPS web site underestimates the shipping as does the Ebay shipping calculator.
                      ebay's shipping estimator for UPS is just fine....as long as you ship your parts with UPS, and NOT with a UPS reseller like the UPS Store. They add a hefty fee for the convenience. Either set up a UPS account and get the items picked up by the UPS driver, or take them to the UPS depot. I'm lucky, the UPS depot is right on the way into town.

The advantage of ebay over craigslist is that a lot more people will see it on ebay.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

yes I'm going to try craigs list first, and team chevelle, then maybe hamb and yellow racing junk e bay is last.
                        I got the chevelles up on craigs for 5500.oo for the whole lot new parts and the 3 cars.. we'll see.
                        I really really really don't want to sell them. we'll see.. depends on how other things go.

Comment

I sold my last truck on Craigslist in one day. People seem to look there more often now.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

All good advice - I've had good luck on racingjunk for engine parts. Craigslist for big stuff.

Pictures pictures pictures, and more pictures, include serial numbers, model numbers, etc if available.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Listing for a week with no reserve lets people do what they do best - talk themselves into it. Then they get auction fever, that's where the no reserve comes in. They can't do the auction fever thing with a high reserve, the reserve takes the thrill of the game away.

And if someone asks a question, answer it with a picture. Then add the picture to the auction ASAP. Guarantee there are 100 other people with the same question who didn't bother to ask, and it just might tempt them into the game as well.

Ebay can be your friend, I've always done well selling cars on it. Bought a few too, the game works both ways. If your chevelles were '68s I could send you a check........

Good luck!
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X