Hanging of 'Truck Nuts' Grows into a Free Speech Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging of 'Truck Nuts' Grows into a Free Speech Debate

My question is, why would a 65 year old woman feel the need to hang truck nuts from the back of her truck? I've always seen them as a sign that someone has a complex. Personally I hope the good chief wins this one.

What say you? Are truck nuts witty and a symbol of confidence on the part of the owner? Or, do you think they are downright obscene, tasteless, and a pretty sure indicator that the fella behind the wheel is a bit lacking in certain measures of charm and ability?

Yes. They inspire confidence.
    4.88%
    No. They are unbelievably tasteless.
    95.12%
    WTF are truck nuts?
    0.00%
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Geez, I hope the Chief never walks behind my dog. I'll be in for a big fine. Lighten up people.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

who cares it's her right..
      banning is only another word for taking freedoms slowly, babysteps..
      they've been around for years, whats next no kid pissing on a ford oval..
      the p/c police are going to f'n far, ever see a dog being walked,
      these are the same fools that think there is no difference in a bra and panties and a 2 piece swimwear
      Last edited by Stich496; August 3, 2011, 04:36 PM. Reason: speeling

Comment

Florida, Virginia, and Maryland have all tried to pass legislation making these things illegal or subject to a fine if displayed.

Sure they are lame, but I don't think they should be illegal. If you want to clearly state that you are a dumbass it benefits all of us to know that.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

its a passing fad, here today, gone tomorrow
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Long fad, they have been selling them for like 10 years!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

i saw them here in texas for a short period of time, havent seen any for a while
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I guess I better not get this made into a bumper sticker!

I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

do you really want to see my dangling bits? seriously, hanging those from a truck is akin to buying an ebay electric blower for your honda....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Florida, Virginia, and Maryland have all tried to pass legislation making these things illegal or subject to a fine if displayed.

Sure they are lame, but I don't think they should be illegal. If you want to clearly state that you are a dumbass it benefits all of us to know that.

Once again Brian sups it up for me.

You dont have a poll option for 'irrellevant.'

Comment

I didn't vote because I don't think they inspire confidence, nor are they tasteless. I think the general population of this country are prudes that try to censor and/or ban every little thing they can. If I wanna hang nuts from my truck I will. And I'll have arts & crafts time and make 'em look real beforehand...because I can. Muaaah ha ha ha!
                      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

The blue ones, I understand....other colors/finishes, I'm not so sure about.

But they don't hurt me, either way.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

To each their own. Not for me just like the big fart cans on honduhs. Just not for me. I don't think its really anyones place to say you can't do that to your personal vehicle.
                          Jeff
                          Follow My Build

Comment

those nuts are as lame as the trailer hitch propellers ...

Comment

What's next they going to ban the trucker chics form the mud flaps??

It's a pair of nuts Guys, just like the ones you look at in the mirror every morning, really should be nothing new.......

I guess the Chief's never seen a bull or a horse........ and my kids have to look at that stuff everytime there is a parade.......

And really what's wrong with it?? Everyone assumes a car is a female...... Guess now there is way to tell them apart.......

Comment

Working...
                              X