No announcement yet.

What have you thrown out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to ship the valve covers to 27212 if its more trouble than its worth I understand.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

I threw out a "seasoned" 305 block that was supposedly rebuildable... and apparently, I threw out my freaking windshield wipers for the Chevelle. Took them off 10 or so years ago for the paint job and never put them back on - it was a race car. Now that it's a street car again, I have looked everywhere for them and can't find them. Grrr. New replacements are about a hundred bucks since the driver's side is special.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
        I threw out a "seasoned" 305 block that was supposedly rebuildable... and apparently, I threw out my freaking windshield wipers for the Chevelle. Took them off 10 or so years ago for the paint job and never put them back on - it was a race car. Now that it's a street car again, I have looked everywhere for them and can't find them. Grrr. New replacements are about a hundred bucks since the driver's side is special.
        what type, hidden or not.
        I have a few sets

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          How much to ship the valve covers to 27212 if its more trouble than its worth I understand.

I'll find out. I'll take a picture of them and post it.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            I so hate you lol
            You should see the rest of it!

Do you hate me even more?
            Last edited by Huskinhano; August 5, 2011, 07:17 PM.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

to have that view 6 months out of the year is worth it, i could deal with the snow for that
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

ok... first...don't ignore me when I post something funny....second....look at all that grass you have to mow( awesome yard)...and third....I got nothing else
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std View Post
                  My pride...my common sense...my ability to make rational decisions....they were slowing me down
                  Who could ignore you! That is very funny!
                  ok... first...don't ignore me when I post something funny....second....look at all that grass you have to mow( awesome yard)...and third....I got nothing else
                  What a gorgeous house!
                  I have a riding mower and LOVE to mow so I would be good with that yard, also I now have barn envy!

Watch a couple episodes of "Hoarders" and it helps you let go a little easier...

It is not so hard to get rid of household stuff, car stuff is a little more difficult. I also think it is easier and perhaps more profitable to donate and get the tax write-off. I don't have garage sales because I don't like Joe and Lucy Public showing up at my house and looking at things that aren't for sale so I tend to donate...

~Gail
                  Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 6, 2011, 10:13 AM.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    You should see the rest of it!

Do you hate me even more?
                    Yes, I do. Beautiful place. I can see the hay bales out back. Fresh cut alfalfa is one of my favorite smells of all.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                      to have that view 6 months out of the year is worth it, i could deal with the snow for that

I can too! The people out there are just incredible. Last winter when we arrived late one Friday night with close to a foot of snow, wondering how we were going to make it down the driveway. As we got closer....the driveway was plowed! None of my neighbors did it or knew who did it. A few weeks later I was at a local antique store talking to the woman's husband who's a car guy that I chatted with once or twice while the wife was shopping. It was him! He told me he was driving by our place, saw the snow and didn't want to have the house look like no one was home, so he plowed it. He didn't want anything. We gave him a gift certificate to a local restaurant. After that, every time it snowed, he plowed. We take care of him!

Part of my back yard, past the pond was way over grown. The grass was about 4' high. Come up to the house last weekend to find that cut! I asked my next door neighbor Harry. He told me one of the neighbors down the block who I don't think I ever met, heard I wanted the field cut...so he did it. The guy also cut Harry's yard too. Going to give him a few dollars for diesel!

My daughter's BF takes care of the grass, says our Cub Cadet mower is fast and loves driving it...plus he makes a few dollars to take our daughter out on.

Scott, ever come to PA, you have a place to stay.
                      Last edited by Huskinhano; August 6, 2011, 02:03 PM.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

i didnt think there were people like that anymore, makes me want out of houston even more
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

This week I tossed a 390 FE short block that I've had about 2 years,I finely got around to checking it out and somewhere in time it lost 2 rist pin retainers,2 bores with big grooves,just a plain ol 390 not worth 2 sleeves plus....so off it went. A 28 spline worn out 8.8 Trac Lok,basic odds and ends, etc..... $75 + $8 because I removed the pistons.

Comment

Things that got thrown out!

Now that I work at Firewheel Classics selling 67-69 Camaro parts I realize that I have thrown or traded or sold a lot of valuable shit away. Original parts for my Camaro, complete engine, ralley wheels, cragar wheels, muncie 4spd and linkage, wheel opening moldings, and probably a lot more stuff that I can't remember.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I just realized this is the perfect thread to vent about all the junk and clutter I've thrown out in the last two weeks that the pack rating hoarding Ex-wife left behind to take care of. Cleaning and throwning away a bad past is liberating, I feel.

There, that felt better.
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                              X