Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist and dirt bikes.... why do I do this to myself?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    12 and 14 is right for the 90 I think, but the 125 is 19/16, just like my '83 XR100 had when I was a kid.

Judd will be in 3rd grade and Jake will be in 5th. We are sooooo gonna have fun with these!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    the 90 looks like a 12 and a 14 front ? the 125 is a 14 and 17?

They do look great - should be a blast. I hope mama doesn't freak too bad. How old are the boys? You may want to change the sprocket on that 125, it's gonna have some legs. Hell, both of them probably do.

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied
    The way I see it...It's moms job to worry about how everything is going to hurt her little baby boys. It's dads job to turn them into men...Oh yea...and not kill them. You need a bike so you can watch them.

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied
    CL is the best........from cell phones to car parts I have scored great deals....can't beat it.......

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    There are plenty of places to ride around here.

SCORE!! They are in great condition. A little scuffed, but they both start and run nice. The guy said his boys broke the throttle cable on the 90 yesterday so the guy hands me $20 and says the Yamaha dealer is holding a cable for you if you'll go by and pick it up. lol The 125 is the large wheel version. I really wanted the small wheel, but it was such a good deal, I ain't complaining!

Still haven't told the wife..... yowza.
    Last edited by BBR; August 5, 2011, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied
    good way to get hurt ..where ya going to ride it ? was my parents song

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Thanks. lol Now, I guess dad needs one too.... hmmmm...

Where's that CL bookmark again?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I have GOT to stay off CL. lol

The boys and I have been keeping our eyes peeled for some dirt bikes. Something like an Honda XR80 and XR100. I had an '83 XR100 that i rode the wheels off growing up. I really have not been looking too hard since we are in the middle of this house remodel. Anyway, ran across an ad yesterday for an '09 Yamaha TTR90 and an '06 TTR125. No price listed, but the guy said he'd make a good deal. So I contacted him. Mistake #1. haha We made a deal (Mistake #2) and I pick them up tomorrow. Which leads to potential Mistake #3.... telling the wife. She's out of town with son #1 until Saturday. I might want to wear my helmet for that part.

I think these will be just about perfect for my two guys. They might be a little on the big side, but they are both growing like weeds and at least they will not out grow them in 6 months.

I have got to stop looking at CL!!!!
    yeah, me too. Look out for #3 - the biggest wars at my house as a kid involved two wheels. Eeek. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    My oldest has grown quite adept on his mini-bike. Looks real comfortable on it, without being cocky about it - makes me proud.

I had an out on the mini-bike thing that you may not be able to benefit from........ the mini-bike was hers when she was a kid. Hehehe!

Have to get another mini-bike soon, youngest is growing fast!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    started a topic Craigslist and dirt bikes.... why do I do this to myself?!?!

Craigslist and dirt bikes.... why do I do this to myself?!?!

I have GOT to stay off CL. lol

The boys and I have been keeping our eyes peeled for some dirt bikes. Something like an Honda XR80 and XR100. I had an '83 XR100 that i rode the wheels off growing up. I really have not been looking too hard since we are in the middle of this house remodel. Anyway, ran across an ad yesterday for an '09 Yamaha TTR90 and an '06 TTR125. No price listed, but the guy said he'd make a good deal. So I contacted him. Mistake #1. haha We made a deal (Mistake #2) and I pick them up tomorrow. Which leads to potential Mistake #3.... telling the wife. She's out of town with son #1 until Saturday. I might want to wear my helmet for that part.

I think these will be just about perfect for my two guys. They might be a little on the big side, but they are both growing like weeds and at least they will not out grow them in 6 months.

I have got to stop looking at CL!!!!
Working...
X