Good Stealership experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Stealership experience

On a whim I stopped by the local mopar establishment to see if they had what I needed.Seat belt bolts for my 68 RoadRunner. Yes I know I could use standard bolts.I walked to the parts desk and it was a kid maybe 20-25 and thought Im screwed.LOL.His expression when I told him what I needed was priceless."I get to look at the "book".He proceeded to get out the well worn and tattered book and found some 50 miles away. It gets better as the service mgr was a guy I went to high school with and he proceeds to dump 5 coffee cans on to the floor of the service bays and finds what I need.I did buy a lottery ticket but Im not sharing.still some good parts people out there and make sure you tell them Thanks.

over the years the parts guys at the local dodge dealer have been good to me...although the last one (brakes for wife's prowler) ended up as a "no sale".

I think I still have one of the 3 last remaining NS1 340 exhaust manifold heat shields from 20 years ago...saw an nos one listed for $170 recently, I paid a few bucks a piece for them.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

68-70 340 stuff amazes me what it brings.That would be the shield for the driver side?I dont really care about the NOS stuff but sometimes I check the stuff out to see if its available,Neat to find a kid in his 20s that knows how to read a book and not a screen.

Comment

Normally, I can't get to the parts counter without the sales vultures starting to circle. Usually, they try to get me to trade in my 65 Impala on a dealer marked up Camaro.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X