Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Edsel Of the 90s

Ford Contour ...that is all LOL

My mom owned one of those rolling abortions. I'm a Ford guy down the line, and even I'm embarrassed at that level of build quality.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

No you gotta add in a whole dose of ugly...Pontiac Aztek.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
        that suv was just 10 years to early..
        it fit right in with the soul, juke,etc

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
          that suv was just 10 years to early..
          it fit right in with the soul, juke,etc
          all it needed was a toyota or honda badge, and they couldnt have made enuff. It would have been praised as forward looking, edgy, and a new refreshingly bold look. ( just look at the ugly sh1t that they have brought to market.)

this is just my opinion, if ya dont like it .....SO WHAT!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

To me the ugliest junk out there is almost any Honda, S2000 does look nice even if its slow same with NSX, but mostly the Element and the Cube. Rolling tributes to boxy uninspired ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              To me the ugliest junk out there is almost any Honda, S2000 does look nice even if its slow same with NSX, but mostly the Element and the Cube. Rolling tributes to boxy uninspired ugly.
              A buddy said this about Hondas: they don't do ANYTHING great, but they do a whole lotta things "OK"

As far as the Aztek being "ahead of it's time" or anything other than a total POS.... ROFLMAO those rickety POSs are the worst vehicle ever to hit the road. Anyone ever ridden in one? total rattle trap.

My mechanic friends love GM cars for the intake manifold leak jobs. Bill 3-4 hours, but you get so good at them you learn how to do the job in 1 hour or less. And since there are millions of them that need this job (basically every single one sold with a v-6), the income stream is pretty good from them.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                Ford Contour ...that is all LOL
                Spidey...suck it.

Been driving a '99. Been a ok little road rocket.
                Also, yeah, because the pontivac grand am an chevy crapolier are perfect vehicles.
                Not even going to bring up the olds quad 4.
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Contour SVT? I would take one. Good for the daily commute and winter beater.
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

No, a SE dressed as an SVT.
                    Biggest bitch I ever really had about it, was the location of the alternator, and the one time i had to replace an AC line.
                    Car has been wrecked a couple times...I like a cheap POS as spidey says, because I can repair pretty reasonably, and it still rolls down the road.
                    I had debated the joy for a lark of dropping a 302/t5 in it after something grenades, but I'll pick up a Fusion for the wife, and just fix the thing.
                    Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

And, just to egg spidey on some more...

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by eliteman76 View Post

oh look a wannabe sho

Comment

The Contours were decent driving little cars. But we saw lots of corrosion related issues with them (mostly electrical), especially the early ones, here in the rust belt.

cheers
                          Ed N.
                          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                            AZTEC is a good car , better than any ford in the last 35 years

Comment

wifeys contour is a rolling abortion ..unlike you guys , my paycheck depends on shitting on the ford motor company and selling new chevrolets ..and grabbing used cars , I work on several fords a week lol

Comment

Working...
                              X