X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 ? I only accept ford if they are FREE

Comment

OooohHHH... a hornet with a 401!

What still amazes me that the AMC 401 is all forged parts, damn good heads out of the box, and nobody picked up on it. Why was that?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        OooohHHH... a hornet with a 401!

What still amazes me that the AMC 401 is all forged parts, damn good heads out of the box, and nobody picked up on it. Why was that?
        Because it wasn't a Chevy. Yeah, I love AMC stuff to. I'll never forget a 1970 cover of HRM. They had a new SC360 on the cover engulfed in tire smoke. The said the smoke was doing a 4 wheel drift. There was zero body role. AMC was way ahead of their time, that was the problem. Back in the day a popular head modification was to use Chrysler valves. Seems AMC used big valve stems and the Chrysler valves weighed a full ounce less per valve. A total of 1 pound off the valve train! Those 70 and up dogleg AMC heads flowed better then a SBC.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

DG, i didnt say it was a good vehicle, but talking about styling, if it would have been a Toy or a Honda, it would have been look at differently. I think they are ugly, like todays mazdas, subarus, and nissans.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            Because it wasn't a Chevy. Yeah, I love AMC stuff to. I'll never forget a 1970 cover of HRM. They had a new SC360 on the cover engulfed in tire smoke. The said the smoke was doing a 4 wheel drift. There was zero body role. AMC was way ahead of their time, that was the problem. Back in the day a popular head modification was to use Chrysler valves. Seems AMC used big valve stems and the Chrysler valves weighed a full ounce less per valve. A total of 1 pound off the valve train! Those 70 and up dogleg AMC heads flowed better then a SBC.
            Too bad they didnt do the oiling system mods at the factory, or I still be rocking my purple 71 amx, with a 401, 4spd and satin centerlines. I have some friends with some bitchen AMCs that Ill be doing some photos with real soon!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

my grandpa had a green hornet with a 401. my uncle rolled it wile street racing back in '81

acording to my uncle he was beating the camaro with a "built" 350 (it was a 305)
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

How about the Chevy Lumina APV, Olds Silhouette and Pontiac Transport "dust buster" mini-vans?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal View Post
                  How about the Chevy Lumina APV, Olds Silhouette and Pontiac Transport "dust buster" mini-vans?
                  Those would be the Corvair of the '90's... Except no one will ever love them...Ever...

Comment

Working...
                  X