Clear All

• 1955 Internation Harvester R110

Take a look at this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 IH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	877768

Inline 6, 4 speed and new tires. Seller says it runs but needs a new battery (thats what they all say though). He's asking $1500 OBO.

So, with all of the old big truck craze around here, I may go check it out. What do you guys think?

I know better than to ask you all if I should snatch it up .....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

do you NEED it and will you use it
    or is it to please a few

Comment

It'd get used for sure with all of the remodels we have going on. I'm not looking for something to restore and such, just want the cool factor and uniqueness that this type of truck has. Plus it's a long bed.

I know something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what is a reasonable amount to spend on this?

Comment

Offer something under 1000 and give him your phone number if he doesn't take it. But only if he puts a new battery in it and you get to drive it around first. You could spend some time and money working on the brakes, clutch, cooling system, electrical system, etc just to be able to drive it somewhat reliably
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'd love to use an old truck like that for general household and work needs. Check it out, at least.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Killer! I would say follow Jim's strategy. If you could grab it for a grand or less it would be great!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That is one fine 13 letter shit spreader. Would make a way cool project shop truck. 4BT Cummins and an NV4500 5 gear would make for some tasty MPG.
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I can't see putting anywhere near that much time and money into an old cornbinder. But that's just me. And yes, I do have one, my old bulldozer. My big expenditure over the past couple years was $30 for a hydraulic hose.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Much cooler than driving around in a clapped out Dakota... Would make a great parts hauler, and if I wasnt up to my neck in trucks already, I would probably want it for that. Throw an inline 6 from a newer Jeep in it with an OD trans, swap some disc brakes on it, and drive it like it is.

Comment

Last edited by BigDad; August 6, 2011, 12:54 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

That just oozes cool. I'd own that by now if it was local to me.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

for that price and it runs and drives with new tires, offer him 1200 and see if he bites, but 1500 is more than worth it
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

The guy finally got back to me .... he's a little sketchy on wanting to get it running before I go look at it. I told him if it's non running and I'm not able to drive it around the property a bit, that it's not worth more than about 4/500 to me. We'll see what he responds with.

Comment

So he finally got back to me. He insists that it just needs a battery and a "pull" to get it running, although he has never seen or heard it run, and he thinks 1500 is more than fair .... if he does that, and gets it running, he said he'll ask 3500 for it. I didn't even bother getting back to him after that. Oh well!

Comment

I'd keep that number - call him in 6 months - I bet by then his tune has changed.

some folks need to back away from the crack pipe.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X