X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals at La Rue, OH

Got some pics to share.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by heavyc; August 7, 2011, 02:48 PM.

Link to all the pics.

http://www.sidejobphotos.com/Racing/...8408955_sPhPvw

Comment

Great shots, looks like a blast!

Comment

Cool pics. What track is that?
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thanks 65 & Blu !! Blu it was a Marion County International Raceway outside of La Rue, OH

Chuck

Comment

I never knew it existed. Looks like a good turnout.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Any more pics?
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                Any more pics?
                Just what is at the link above.

Comment

I did see your pics elsewhere on the net too... It's great that you're exposing folks to what a neat nostalgia show the Marion race was... Looking through all your photo galleries, and seeing all the different kinds of nostalgia machinery that showed up, you definitely had a pretty darn healthy car count in the pits and on the strip... I see that a few locals from my neck of the woods made the tow to Ohio, including Bob Rosetty with his "Tweety's Rat" Vega and "Rollin' Stoned" 'Cuda, and of course the undisputed king of low-buck showmen, Willie Johnson and his "No Money No Funny" Nova... It's refreshing to see lots of high quality photos were taken, I understand that lately there's been some sort of backwards marketing strategy in the N/FC scene, that discourages photographers from snappin' pics of these cars for press coverage and posterity, I don't get that at all (duh!)... Gee, almost all the Funny Cars that came out for ETown's Nostalgia Summernationals/Funny Car Reunion also made tracks to Ohio for this event... And of course the "Solid Rock" 'Stang and all the cars of the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit appear pristine and to be strong performers... I salute everybody who worked to make Marion a midwestern mecca for Nostalgia racing... And thanks for making your pics so accessible to the drag racing public, it definitely helps pump up the nostalgia scene...

My daily drag racin' blog...
                  http://www.dragracingunderground.com...blog&Itemid=27

Please Support Nostalgia Drag Racing at Your Local Strip...
                  Last edited by Diana The Doc; August 9, 2011, 09:06 AM.
                  http://www.DragRacingUnderground.com

Comment

there are a couple of those somerset regal bodies out there
                    one of the owners got real mad when we called his car the dale pulde car

sanos custom paint has a 73 grand am am like the m/t us marines car that dale pulde drove ..he had no problem with calling his car that

Comment

Yes Diana I have been pushing this show, can just hope next year will be bigger.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      X