No announcement yet.

Yeah...soo.....I just committed myself to buying this wrecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me wrong, I'm not tap dancing on Goliath's grave (and the wheels and tires on the big guy are going on the wrecker), but this was an opportunity I don't think I'd get again, plus if that truck got crushed and I didn't at least take a shot at it, it would have killed me.

I'll make sure the big guy goes to a good home!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
      Awesome buy there Brian. When are you picking it up?

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed, it will be a couple of weeks. Once I get the dude the money, I'll see when I can get a Friday off of work and then go from there.

Kerri's reaction, "Are you f%$king serious?"

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        One piece at a time!

The truck lived it's whole life inside and was then stored in a barn. It is hella clean. There's some rot in the driver's side rocker, but other than that, nothing. All the mechanicals work and the split boom wrecker (with two 15 ton winches....woot!) is fully working as well.

My kids are going to freak out.
        THE PICS i SAW SHOWED rust rot in the lower front fenders , cracking paint, might be nothing,

Comment

The worst of it is in the rocker. There's some battle scars in the fenders and stuff. It's not perfect, but for a totally stock, unmolested 43 year old wrecker, it is in great shape.

Spidey, what does the Keystone painted on the wrecker body mean?

Comment

I told Brian just wait till he gets tired of that distant cousin calling at 3:00 in the morning and asking if good ole Cuzz Brian could come tow his import home! Cool buy though!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

might want to swap the seats also

Comment

Cool pick Brian

Hey....if you have problems on the way back

you can tow yourself home!
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  Kerri's reaction, "Are you f%$king serious?"
                  Proof that you are a car guy...when even as understanding a woman such as Kerri has uttered...
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Nooo! I haven't met Goliath in person yet. Will have to fix that ASAP. But awesome score! Let me know if you can't scare up a copilot. That would be a Friday well spent.
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Pete, volunteers cannot be victims. Remember that.

You're the guy if necessary!

Hey on the 18th, can you get to the Foxboro cruise? I am going to head down there again with the boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                        Proof that you are a car guy...when even as understanding a woman such as Kerri has uttered...
                        Hey, I told her I would take her on dates in it. She almost stabbed me.

Comment

Gonna add some big truck nuts?

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

HA!

That big ass tow bar hanging off the back is nuts enough for me.

Comment

It should take you about a day just to get into PA with that *LOL*, if you need a place to stay there over a weekend drop me a PM

That must have been a riot towing another truck with that 292.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Brian, that is seriously one of the coolest tow trucks I have ever seen. When you get bored with it you can just drive it out here and drop it off anytime you want.
                                Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Working...
                                X