No announcement yet.

Yeah...soo.....I just committed myself to buying this wrecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tree Spidey on this one and tell you the 292 is a tractor engine.

The truck is near the PA border according to the seller. I may take you up on that offer, although you may have to tolerate Chad if everything works out.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

for some reason I was thinking the C-50s and C-70s had a 1 piece tilt front end, or was that just the C-70s ?
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

C70s had the glass nose.

Comment

cool stuff.... now maybe we can see the studewagon getting towed out.... hope does spring eternal, doesn't it?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It better be with respect to the Stude.

Comment

So I can count on you bailing me out on Drag Week when I frag something in my car??

*Oh, and finally justified painting the rims white =P
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; August 9, 2011, 09:44 PM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I thought the keystone painted on it was for Pa. , All of my uncles wreckers had a keystone painted on them and so did our dealerships old rig.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Nice find! Can't imagine the mischief a couple of teenage Lohnes boys will find in a rig like that!

Mt Troy Motors/RC Dietz appears to be a business in Pittsburgh. Re-lettering?
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Wait? Goliath dead? Where the hell? Last I heard you were pretty jazed about the new floors. I am so out of the loop. Some one reference the thread for me. What happened? Hurricane, famine, tornado, locust, the home owner ass came with pitch forks and torches. I'm so confused. I will be in the bath tub cradling my self.

BTW neat replacement. Is that a squirrel.

Steve
                    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Old wreckers rule.glad you saved it from the crusher.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Lol

Niccccceeee !
                        sigpic

Comment

remember to pack a bottle or two of brake fluid.. as that monster has one very small one pod master and a leaking wheel cyl.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            Pete, volunteers cannot be victims. Remember that.

You're the guy if necessary!

Hey on the 18th, can you get to the Foxboro cruise? I am going to head down there again with the boys.
                            I am focused on Foxboro on the 18th. The Chevelle is non-op right now. The new HEI is in and wired, but not fired and tuned yet. I'll go anyway, but would much prefer to go in the Chevelle.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Love the wrecker - but what's up with Goliath? We've been traveling so I might have missed the thread. Don't worry - it'll grow on Keri (like a wart). Did you save those extra carbs?

Don't forget that Jays67 is in Buffalo so it would be a shame if you don't hook up while you're there.

Dan
                              Last edited by DanStokes; August 10, 2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Brian let us know when your going to be in town. It would be fun to hook up. If you need some tools or help just let me know.
                                Joe
                                Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Working...
                                X