• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome wrecker !
    Have you got a home for Goliath yet ?
    Mmmmmm .......

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
      I am focused on Foxboro on the 18th. The Chevelle is non-op right now. The new HEI is in and wired, but not fired and tuned yet. I'll go anyway, but would much prefer to go in the Chevelle.
      hope you replaced the resistor wire

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        hope you replaced the resistor wire
        12 volts is overrated

Comment

Neato..Dig the lettering...congrats!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
            Wait? Goliath dead? Where the hell? Last I heard you were pretty jazed about the new floors. I am so out of the loop. Some one reference the thread for me. What happened? Hurricane, famine, tornado, locust, the home owner ass came with pitch forks and torches. I'm so confused. I will be in the bath tub cradling my self.

BTW neat replacement. Is that a squirrel.

Steve
            Goliath ain't dead, just the opposite in fact. I have been driving the hell out of the thing all summer! I just saw this truck and fell in lust, add to the fact that it was going to hit the crusher if no one "saved" it and I felt like it was my sworn duty to scoop it up. I wasn't out looking for one of these, my buddy Paul pulled the "look what I found you!" thing and it was all over. Well, it was all over when the guy cut the price 1,000 bucks.

I can't have two of these beasts at my house, so one has to go. I will be swapping the wheels and tires from Goliath onto the wrecker and then selling the G-man.

I'll make ya a great deal!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

congratufackinlations! That thing is ubercoolerific!

sweet mother of mischeif - you have got to keep the keys away from the boys until they're about 30.... I can only imagine the look on a young ladies face when the Lohne's boy comes to pick her up for Prom in THAT!

For sure swap the wheels and tires off goliath before the big guy finds a new home - hopefully some one from here - or someone who will soon join will buy that beast and keep her in good shape for a long time to come.

Epic journey's await!

(will this one get a two speed rear or overdrive?)
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                The worst of it is in the rocker. There's some battle scars in the fenders and stuff. It's not perfect, but for a totally stock, unmolested 43 year old wrecker, it is in great shape.

Spidey, what does the Keystone painted on the wrecker body mean?
                It means you're smooth, like Keith Stone.

PA is the keystone state. Maybe the previous owner did towing in PA as well or was originally from PA?

Cool find and a great looking truck.

Comment

needs a tall deck 427 - 292 is weak

Comment

Nice buy when you come to get it look me up I will take you to a few of the "kool guy " hide outs were the neat cars are hiding . take a beat ride in my 67 tell ya were to get goods wings lol let me know also NICE SCORE glade I am out of room or it could have been in my fleet lol

Comment

Just because.....

Oh, and all of a sudden this has become a Lohnes family outing to bring the truck back. We're going to come out with the kids on a Friday and lumber home on Saturday.
                      Attached Files
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

4 words....

EPIC DRAG WEEK VEHICLE
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

this friday? were in buffalo is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                            4 words....

EPIC DRAG WEEK VEHICLE
                            Just have to be consistent!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Just thinking out loud but that thing would look bitchin' with just a splash of chrome...mirrors, bumper...a little here and a dab behind the ears...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                                Goliath ain't dead, just the opposite in fact. I have been driving the hell out of the thing all summer! I just saw this truck and fell in lust, add to the fact that it was going to hit the crusher if no one "saved" it and I felt like it was my sworn duty to scoop it up. I wasn't out looking for one of these, my buddy Paul pulled the "look what I found you!" thing and it was all over. Well, it was all over when the guy cut the price 1,000 bucks.

I can't have two of these beasts at my house, so one has to go. I will be swapping the wheels and tires from Goliath onto the wrecker and then selling the G-man.

I'll make ya a great deal!

Brian
                                What do you mean you can't have two of them??, the Wrecker is definitely Lawn Art!!!!!!!

And where's the bed?? your not putting any pallets on the back of that thing.......

Comment

Working...
                                X