Yeah...soo.....I just committed myself to buying this wrecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah...soo.....I just committed myself to buying this wrecker

One in, one out, so Ol' Goliath will be moving down the road to a new home, but man, this thing RULES. It is a '68 C50...292/4-speed. Truck is in Buffalo, NY....gonna be a long ride home at 55mph. If I can time it right, Chad will hopefully come out and co-pilot it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 11, 2011, 10:21 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    One in, one out, so Ol' Goliath will be moving down the road to a new home, but man, this thing RULES. It is a '68 C50...292/4-speed. Truck is in Buffalo, NY....gonna be a long ride home at 55mph. If I can time it right, Chad will hopefully come out and co-pilot it.
    Oh cool! See, I didnt blab to anyone.

When is Bruab's Towing opening for business? haha.

Before you sell Goliath, you gotta get a few pics of it hitched up to the wrecker.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

u saved it from the crusher, what u end up paying..

Comment

Paid the asking price....once I saw the guy was going to have it squashed I couldn't see it go.

I did play a bit of roulette though. It started out at 2500 bucks a few weeks ago, then to 2000, I bought at 1500.

Comment

322-7701 Great, I got some junk that needs to be moved around. Seriously, nice pick there.
          Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Mrs. Bruab is going to let you have a wrecking yard?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

One piece at a time!

The truck lived it's whole life inside and was then stored in a barn. It is hella clean. There's some rot in the driver's side rocker, but other than that, nothing. All the mechanicals work and the split boom wrecker (with two 15 ton winches....woot!) is fully working as well.

My kids are going to freak out.

Comment

Depending on when you run threw NY I would be willing to follow along. I imagine you would run the thruway.

Comment

Nice! Yeah, it looks like running up to Buffalo and back home on 90 is going to be the route. It would be cool to have a slow ass convoy rolling down the road.

Comment

Sooooo, you finally figured out a way to move the Jav around? Now you can hook it to the back and haul it around a track. At least it will have made a lap!!
                    I'm still learning

Comment

lol it has the keystone on it ...hope you make it past utica

Comment

Always up for a road trip.

Comment

sweet no more calling AAA lol
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Awesome buy there Brian. When are you picking it up?

cheers
                            Ed N.
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Sad to see Goliath go. Cool wrecker, don't get me wrong, but all the same...
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X