No more BFG TA"s ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one?

I think of General Tires as dangerous crap. Absolutely no grip at all on wet roads.
    Cooper's are maybe one notch better, but still crappy IMO.
    BFG's seem good enough for my (fullsize) cars, even the older tires I have still maintain a fairly good grip in rain.
    I usually have a minimum of 235/60/15 on most of my cars.
    Just the other day I looked online for some 225 or 235/60-14" BFG's, but was shocked a bit at their prices, $130 a piece.
    In my mind they still were around $84.-, like they were a couple of years ago (the 15"ers at least).
    Last edited by BigBlockMopar; August 10, 2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: Because I can! :)
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
      Which one?

I think of General Tires as dangerous crap. Absolutely no grip at all on wet roads.
      Cooper's are maybe one notch better, but still crappy IMO.
      BFG's seem good enough for my (fullsize) cars, even the older tires I have still maintain a fairly good grip in rain.
      I usually have a minimum of 235/60/15 on most of my cars.
      Just the other day I looked online for some 225 or 235/60-14" BFG's, but was shocked a bit at their prices, $130 a piece.
      In my mind they still were around $84.-, like they were a couple of years ago (the 15"ers at least).
      general and goodrich are both owned by michelin

Comment

Goodrich is with Michelin, but General is owned by Continental ... another European company, sorry Spidey.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I would be really surprised if they discontinued the best selling tire of all time. I know they kill off certain sizes once in a while that don't sell well. I've also got a set of 14 inchers in the garage that will probably go on the Montego, but if I can't get a decent size like a 245/60/14 (which Summit still lists) I'll have to go with 15's.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

got cheap ass uniroyal and general mixed up
            me no search engineer

see michelin sparked communism in vietnam
            In the 1920s and 1930s, Michelin operated large rubber plantations in Vietnam. The Vietnamese workers were exploited pitilessly and brutally, which led to the famous labor movement Phu Rieng Do.[5]

Comment

Yup, the French can (and probably should) be blamed for a lot of things. LOL

cheers
              Ed N.
              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Sadly, I've started running Kuhmo's (korean) on my DD junk. They do good wet and dry and seem to last okay. I was running Nitto 555's on the Mustang and 2k Lightning for the same reason. That and Goodyear was out of control at 250 a piece for the F1's and they wouldn't make 15000 miles. At that time, Nitto and Goodyear were the only guys making a 295 45 18.

T/A's - may look era correct but I don't miss them. The last Goodrich's I had were Comp T/A's on the 95 Lightning. I had decent experience with them on a couple of cars. They were night and day better than the T/A's on first ex's Monte SS. I had T/A's on my 88 F150, and they were better than the Coopers I took off but I still don't think much of them.

Maybe they've gotten better since the last time I used them. For you guys running them, I sure hope they have.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

the only ones that I know of making the sizes on my truck are firestone (firehawk indy 500) and bfg t/as
                  in 245/60/15 fronts and 295/50/15 rear.. any other tire brand in these sizes?? I haven't found it..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    the only ones that I know of making the sizes on my truck are firestone (firehawk indy 500) and bfg t/as
                    in 245/60/15 fronts and 295/50/15 rear.. any other tire brand in these sizes?? I haven't found it..
                    Cooper makes them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                      Cooper makes them too.
                      now to find a retailer..

Comment

Boy, I hope this is not true. When the '65 is finished I was hoping to put BFG T/A's on her. I guess I'd better hurry up and find a set.

Comment

Coker has some - here's the 245/60 -14 I think that's as "Big" as they get with the 14.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X