should I be sad or glad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I be sad or glad

there is a guy from pa that most likely will come up this w end to get the chevelles
    sad cause I'd love to build it,
    glad someone will, dad and son one for each..
    just hoping it's not a guy thats just gonna part them out..
    I'm down so really down..

Man life deals us all some sucker punches and we have to do things we don't want to - but have to.

Here's my tale so you know you're not the only one...

I sold my boss302 I'd built from a bare shell starting at age 16 - for $7500 during my divorce in '00 - and that included the numbers matching engine that I'd prep'd for assembly - including machining the crowns off ultra high compression ross pistons a guy gave me (they had reliefs for the spark plugs!) then balancing everything to within 1/2 a gram..... I never got to hear that engine run. The 351c-4v was running in it in near stock condition - the first engine I'd ever built.... toploader, D code grabber yellow, black interior.... ugh! It was the only ad I'd ever run in Hemmings - and there was only a couple guys that came to look at it - I was hoping to get more like $12,500 for it -but - you do what you have to - I gave the guy a ton of extra parts with it too - since I was moving into an apartment and had no storage for anything, even had to give up my dog.

With your situation improved in coming years - you can get another Chevelle.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

ya, I know, hard to "see" that end of it now...,
      if I get another, it will not be a chevelle, at least not the first revival project.. it'll be a ford, so the wife will come enjoy the car hobby,
      (she's a ford girl)
      if I get another for me, it'll be a 73 cutlass like my dad had ,or a 66/67 tempest/lemans that I had and should've never sold.., just with a heart transplant..
      Last edited by Stich496; August 11, 2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

That's the spirit man, I know it's rough now - but you will come out the other side better, just don't do what I did and turn into a hoarder for a couple years - then wake up and figure out you have a bunch of crap to get rid of!!!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

that's rough, man. but like John said, sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward on a better line.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ive really had to back off on car stuff too, it has not been a good car year
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

off to take pic's of the cars and send them off, so the guy knows it's not a scam..
              seems they all think that because it's three cars.. maybe I should've asked for more.. oh well.

Comment

It's okay to be sad they are going, but be glad you can focus on one thing or two at the most instead of sweating five. It will eat you up to the point where you don't do anything with any of them, in my experience.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

picture the extra space you'll have without those projects sitting around...

picture the extra cash... handy...

I definitely sympathize with having more projects than time...
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

even though it's tough cars can be replaced there only material items.

but i under stand i was devistated when my 82 GP was stolen over winter brake at my high school. it was sapose to be int he shop but the maintance worker pushed it out side thinking it was the car we where scrapping
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Mark, you still got the pickup and Monte SS? So, you still can scratch that itch.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Mark, I've been there three times now, once because of a divorce and twice because of out of state moves. Keep a little stashed aside so that when some stupid deal comes along, and it will when you least expect it to, that you can grab it and get your hands dirty again.
                        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Working...
                        X