RIP Ron..Hey cancer! You suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ron..Hey cancer! You suck!

late last week we lost my wifes step dad to lung cancer. He found out in January, worked until March...had a lung and a half removed and died last week. We burried him in a military grave yard with full honors yesterday. He was in the Army from 64 to 85 and served through many a conflict. He was a mean, miserable bastard and we loved him becasue of it. Cancer blows.

The on highlight of all this is I have inherited his truck. A 1993 Dodge Dakota. My son has expressed interest in it and he will be 13 this November. What a better way to honor Rons memory than for me and the boy to build this truck. It runs and drives but needs lots of love and best of all it is a V8...so look for a project thread on this in a few months.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Cancer definitely sucks. I never really know what to say, so I won't try except what you said, RIP.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

rest in peace RON ...I did an oil pump on a 318 dakota ..not fun
      Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; August 12, 2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Bummer - but you've got the right attitude and his legacy lives on in his grandson - that's damned cool.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Sorry to hear, Joe.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

yup the big c sucks..
            R.I.P.

Comment

Sorry about your FIL Joe. I agree about the cancer. FU cancer.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, Joe. my prayers and condolences are with you and your family.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

On behalf of my MIL and my mife and SIL, thank you for the condoleses....

I feel bad for my MIL, she is alone in the house now...but we are near by so she will never be really alone. My wife and her sister lost a father figure and I lost someone to talk to and bitch at about military stupidity.

He really loved his truck and was real proud of it. It will be an easy, low buck build probably to stock specs less some duals and wheels and tires. Mostly a comsetic restoration.

and when it's done I want to show my MIL, it will really make her smile...I dont want her to know what we are doing to it until it is done.
                  Last edited by JOES66FURY; August 12, 2011, 10:20 AM.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Death is another dimension of life, & people live on in our hearts & minds.

I'm sure stepdad would be happy someone was doing something with his truck.
                    It sounds like you & your son have a cool project to look forward to Joe.
                    You've officially entered in the "Going Fast for $5000" thread now.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Joe.
                      It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Last edited by Buckeye; August 12, 2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

sorry for your loss

cancer sucks 318 kotas are fun little trucks though
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I lost my uncle to lung cancer at age 62. Same age as my Dad when he died. He found out in Nov., kept the news to himself until January as to not to ruin the holidays. He went to the Anderson clinic in Houston. Found out his lung cancer had spread to his spine and kidneys. After chemo, it looked like they got the cancer into remission. He beat my ass at golf in June at the family reunion. Turns out the spine cancer wasn't in remission, just hanging out; then it came back with a vengeance. We buried him in Sept.

Uncle Terry was someone I could go to talk money and politics since my Dad died.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X