Former Warrant lead singer Jani Lane dies at 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Warrant lead singer Jani Lane dies at 47

Jani Lane, the former lead singer of the metal rock band Warrant, has died in Los Angeles. He was 47.
    Officer Sara Faden says Lane's body was found Thursday in a Woodland Hills hotel. She had no immediate information on the cause or circumstances of his death.
    With his long blond hair and tight leather outfits, Lane embodied the excess of 1980s "hair metal" rock bands. He joined Warrant in 1984 and wrote such hits as "Heaven," "Down Boys" and "Cherry Pie."
    He had an on-and-off relationship with the band, leaving it in 1992 before returning and quitting again several times.
    In recent years, he appeared in VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club" and made news for a drunken driving arrest.
    He is survived by two daughters from two previous marriages.

RIP Jani - it's sad what fame and fortune can do to talented people.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wonder if they'll play this at his funeral?
      RIP Jani,

Comment

rest in peace ..47 is a good age

Comment

Cherry Pie was a great song. One of the best for the strip club, ha ha ha.

Comment

Why is it that everyone seems surprised when one of these rock guys dies? I'm more surprised that there are any living. The constant partying and having drugs available 24/7. Seriously, I look at people like Keith Richards and Nikki Sixx and am just flabbergasted that they are still breathing. Living that kind of life doesn't seem like a recipe for longevity. Still sux that he's gone though, I'll go watch their Cherry Pie video and think about how good he had it when he was married to that blonde girl in the video. ;)
            Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

RIP Jani.
              Last edited by 64falconsix; August 12, 2011, 03:54 PM.
              It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

anyone ever seen interviews of him?

He hated that Cherry Pie song... and hated himself for writing it. That'll create a good-sized demon in your soul. RIP Dude, you don't have to sing it anymore...
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

He hated the song cause he ended up marrying the hot blonde in the video and then had a nasty divorce. That would be enough to make you hate any song you wrote........

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                  anyone ever seen interviews of him?

He hated that Cherry Pie song... and hated himself for writing it. That'll create a good-sized demon in your soul. RIP Dude, you don't have to sing it anymore...
                  Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Bobbi Brown, yummy. Quite the video vixen. She even made the cover of Car Craft once back then. She was also in Great White's Once Bitten, Twice Shy video.
                    Attached Files
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

They had a daughter who turned out to be quite the hottie herself
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                        Why is it that everyone seems surprised when one of these rock guys dies? I'm more surprised that there are any living. The constant partying and having drugs available 24/7. Seriously, I look at people like Keith Richards and Nikki Sixx and am just flabbergasted that they are still breathing. Living that kind of life doesn't seem like a recipe for longevity. Still sux that he's gone though, I'll go watch their Cherry Pie video and think about how good he had it when he was married to that blonde girl in the video. ;)
                        who is surprised? drugs and alcohol kill the weak rockers... still, it's a shame.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've driven all the members of Motley Crue and funny thing is that Nikki is probably the healthiest of the lot.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, the last time I saw a pic of Mick Mars it looked like he had shrunk a foot and lost what little weight he ever had on his body.

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            I've driven all the members of Motley Crue and funny thing is that Nikki is probably the healthiest of the lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X