Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acquired a 1999 Mercedes AMG CL 500 V12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Acquired a 1999 Mercedes AMG CL 500 V12

    Acquired a 1999 Mercedes AMG CL 500 V12 through a mechanics lien. I cannot find any info as far as what this car is worth.
    Kelly Blue Book doesn't list it.
    Anyone on here know anything about these cars and what they are worth? It is pimped out with large chrome spinner wheels and a bunch of other crap.

  • #2
    ok, I"ll be the first to bite...

    it's worth 2 lbs of blow, and 3 ho's
    My fabulous web page

    "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

    Comment


    • #3
      seriously though....I looked on ebay completed auctions for AMG V12 (no year or model specified) and the only one of the many listed that had a green price (meaning it sold) was this. The others were all no sales. My guess is they're worth a lot less than most people hope they're worth.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOADE...item1e65cf32e9
      My fabulous web page

      "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

      Comment


      • #4
        You have the model wrong, CL500 is the 5.0L V8 car, CL600 is the 6.0L V12 car.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	CL_MODELS.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	856816

        Here's a rough estimate of the value...

        Click image for larger version

Name:	CL_CRAP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	856817

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          ok, i"ll be the first to bite...

          It's worth 2 lbs of blow, and 3 ho's
          lmao!
          Escaped on a technicality.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            lmao!
            x2 thats pretty funny coming from a guy as white as squirrel
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

            Comment


            • #7
              donate it to social services

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess it's worth less than your repair bill, at least to one person...

                Comment


                • #9
                  With spinners it's worth about $3 (to me). I hate those things.

                  Without, it's gotta be worth $17,000 - $20,000, depending upon the condition.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good thing you're so good with a camera Jeff! Take a pile of pics and put it on Ebay or trader online or whatever - takes a special kind of person to want one of those bad enough to pay 5 figures for a used one.

                    I'm guessing it needed a ton of trans work?

                    Sucks you've had to hassle with it - good luck moving it.
                    There's always something new to learn.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                      You have the model wrong, CL500 is the 5.0L V8 car, CL600 is the 6.0L V12 car.

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3898[/ATTACH]

                      Here's a rough estimate of the value...

                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3899[/ATTACH]
                      one problem those are the regualr CL500s this one is a AMG

                      for us americans think of it as a SLP camaro SS or a ford STV Cobra. it's an in house built aftermarket package. just like my Grand Prix GTX. there is extra value but KBB will not list it

                      becuase of this you are not going to find a price best bet find a Benz forum and ask there. i would try and find stock parts and sell the aftermarket pimp shizzle speratly you will make more money selling the car stock and the aftermarket items


                      EDIT: there is no such thing as a CL500 AMG only the V12 got the AMG treatment and even then it was not called a CL600 AMG but a CL60 AMG or CL63 AMG

                      yay wikipedia
                      Last edited by Mater; August 12, 2011, 12:44 PM.
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

                      75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        if you got it for under 2k in lein, lemons car.. hehe

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mater View Post
                          one problem those are the regualr CL500s this one is a AMG

                          for us americans think of it as a SLP camaro SS or a ford STV Cobra. it's an in house built aftermarket package. just like my Grand Prix GTX. there is extra value but KBB will not list it

                          becuase of this you are not going to find a price best bet find a Benz forum and ask there. i would try and find stock parts and sell the aftermarket pimp shizzle speratly you will make more money selling the car stock and the aftermarket items
                          It's wrong according to the way you look up the model on Kelly Blue Book...
                          I know it's an AMG, & it should be worth more than a basic CL-series car.
                          It's not a car you sell on craigslist... I could imagine the replys...
                          "what's the lowest you'll take for it?"
                          "do you want to trade it for a harley?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            and aperantly my last edit was worng there was a CL500 AMG but it was called a CL55 AMG for the 99-03 modle year and had a supercharged 5.0L v8 wile the CL65 AMG had a twin turbo 6.0L V12

                            and yeah KBB is anoying how they do that
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

                            75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mater View Post
                              and aperantly my last edit was worng there was a CL500 AMG but it was called a CL55 AMG for the 99-03 modle year and had a supercharged 5.0L v8 wile the CL65 AMG had a twin turbo 6.0L V12

                              and yeah KBB is anoying how they do that
                              Yeah, they suck for pricing oddball cars..
                              The more I read this thread, the more I think squirrel nailed it right off the bat...

                              Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              ok, I"ll be the first to bite...

                              it's worth 2 lbs of blow, and 3 ho's
                              Throw in an extra ho, & an old skool Donk on 26's & you got a deal yo..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X