No announcement yet.

Acquired a 1999 Mercedes AMG CL 500 V12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at work i will try and bug the sales department and see what there computers say. you would think a dealership would have the specialty modles listed lol
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

edmunds has an apraiser only issue was it only goes back to 2001 but a 2001 CL55 AMG is $16,385

so yeah looks like are guessing is about right at 17,000 lol sad seeingas in 99 the car sold for over a $100,000 haha
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Thats a pretty nice car minus the ghetto crap. It should sell for good money.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman View Post
          Acquired a 1999 Mercedes AMG CL 500 V12 through a mechanics lien. I cannot find any info as far as what this car is worth.
          Kelly Blue Book doesn't list it.
          Anyone on here know anything about these cars and what they are worth? It is pimped out with large chrome spinner wheels and a bunch of other crap.

Dude, post some pics. What kind of guy lets a MB go for an unpaid transmission bill? His stock portfolio must have REALLY taken a hit....
          Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

coincidence or irony, you choose. This last week on the Car Show they were talking about cars that devalued the most from their sale prices.... I'm pretty sure the CL AMG was one of those cars - they sold for somewhere around $230,000 new and worth about 25k now....

AMG is the in house tuner for Mercedes. They make some pretty awesome stuff.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 12, 2011, 03:20 PM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I feel like an idiot. After looking closer, it has the V8 engine. Someone has put the V12 emblems on it. There is an AMG emblem on the deck lid, but don't think it's factory.
              Story on the car is this; . My (recently fired) shop manager was working on it and then it just stayed parked inside for several days. Had a VIN check done to find out who it belonged to. Recognized the name to be someone my manager knew. I told him to get the car out if it wasn't in for business. He moves it to the fenced in outside parking lot. My secretary contacts the owner and advises them that we can no longer store the car and it must be removed. Warning was ignored for several months so it is mine now.

Not sure what is wrong with it. Just got the final lien paperwork yesterday and had to buy a new battery for it. It has 6 tv screens inside, but some of the other a/v equipment is missing from the trunk.

I'm going to detail it tomorrow. I'll post pics
              Last edited by IndyShiftman; August 12, 2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Around here, the Pimped Out Meceredes and BMW's typical have have a salvage title and 100k+ miles.
                These full size, pimp ridez seem to trade for around $10k to $12k. The AMG badge may bring it up to $15k.

Comment

dragweek

Comment

Working...
                  X