THE FORUM JUNKIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FORUM JUNKIE

I've got to admit that I've not done everything I could do to get my friends here... just a matter of hanging out on the board here and not letting folks know that Car Junkie TV is finally a reality...

I NEVER spam my friends... but I'm fixing to go hit "BBC" and copy everyone in my address book... just to let them know that this is here... and what CarJunkieTV is about.

For this concept to work as well as all of us would like it's going to take a ton of bodies making a commitment to the architecture and style or Form of Media... it's new and lots of folks didn't get it without the stuff we have now... so I'm gonna get them back here to sneak a peak...

Anyway just thought I'd share that ... What do you guys think we can do to bump up our ranks by heaps and bounds?

Keith

Re: THE FORUM JUNKIE

Well, if the budget allows, by some ad time in HRM etc. I mean I can't see them refusing it, you see some of the ads they let by in the back pages there? :o ;)
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

I would think Hemmings motor news. The amount of ads and number of subscribers who view it every month has got to make it a great resource.

Just an idea

Comment

I think that hitting the pavement...i.e. going to shows, going to the races, going to events and talking it up with everyone will help, but the big numbers will follow when they spread the word to their inner circles of hot rod friends. I also think that promoting the site at big venues such as SEMA (get a booth and hand out Junkie stuff) will help expose the site on a large scale.

Maybe DF could get with Barry Meguiar on Car Crazy and do a special on his life, cars, and passion for the lifestyle while also helping advertise the site. We have done well within the LSR community, but it is not the largest automotive community and we need to diversify our exposure. I am willing to help in any manner needed to help the site and its founders/supporters.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
          Well, if the budget allows, by some ad time in HRM etc. I mean I can't see them refusing it, you see some of the ads they let by in the back pages there? :o ;)
          I'd have to agree ........don't know how expensive the ads would be but lots of guys still subscribe to the
          mags and would be a great place to catch their attention.
          Have a booth at major car events this summer.......complete with CJTV t-shirts etc
          I've put the word out to my group of buds and several have come over........I've pointed out that unlike
          many other brand and make specific boards.....Car Junkie serves all makes, models and trends.
          My posts on the other two make specific sites have been non existent.
          To me CJTV is a refreshing approach and it's my site of choice for car stuff.

(Or........if we could get DF on Jay Leno...... ;D)

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
            Originally posted by Vegaman
            I'd have to agree ........don't know how expensive the ads would be but lots of guys still subscribe to the
            mags and would be a great place to catch their attention.
            Have a booth at major car events this summer.......complete with CJTV t-shirts etc
            I've put the word out to my group of buds and several have come over........I've pointed out that unlike
            many other brand and make specific boards.....Car Junkie serves all makes, models and trends.
            My posts on the other two make specific sites have been non existent.
            To me CJTV is a refreshing approach and it's my site of choice for car stuff.

(Or........if we could get DF on Jay Leno...... ;D)
            Great idea! DF, take Leno for a ride in the F-Bomb.you know he is going to want to drive it though.

Comment

I've been spreading it by word of mouth. I also have a blog about CJTV on my MySpace page. One thing that will help is when each of us goes to car shows, drags, or whatever with our Car Junkie T-shirts on. With the shirts, we're essentially walking/talking billboards.

Comment

I agree with Hillbilly & Monk.

DF on jay leno would be cool. challenge him to a race. & we all need shirts to spread the word.

open up to all kinds of racing. maybe shun drag racing a little just to piss those guys off. ;D

Comment

Need to get a Banner Add link on a bunch of Websites, Ebay Carjunkie T-Shirts and pay for the Banner Add. Get some Stickers on our Race Cars. Talk it up with Friends to get the word out. Some TV interviews would really help. I can see A CarJunkieTV.com on the back window of my Kia LSR (I drive it everyday).

You think "Oprah" would give us good Press?

Let's shoot a Pilot Show for TV.

Have a Giant Carjunkie Give away, Everyone sends in one Car Part and we build a Car. Then we give it away. I'm sure with the resources we already have we could throw something together. Some Big name would throw in a Motor, PIck a Car, and everyone look for certain parts to finish it. (It would be an Icon) It would be a fun Project to boot. Random Drawing (you enter one time) Cost you a Dollar.
                  Keep it cheap like a Rat Rod or something.

Comment

DF on jay leno would be cool. challenge him to a race. & we all need shirts to spread the word.

Hell, just let Jay take the F-Bomb for a spin and ya got a buddy for life!!
                    Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                      Have a Giant Carjunkie Give away, Everyone sends in one Car Part and we build a Car. Then we give it away. I'm sure with the resources we already have we could throw something together. Some Big name would throw in a Motor, PIck a Car, and everyone look for certain parts to finish it. (It would be an Icon) It would be a fun Project to boot. Random Drawing (you enter one time) Cost you a Dollar.
                      Keep it cheap like a Rat Rod or something.
                      Dude, I like that idea! I think most, if not all, of us are accomplished junkyard scroungers. Although I bet the UPS guy would get tired of dropping all the parts off at CJTV headquarters real quick! ;)

Comment

I also like Randy's idea of a Giveaway built from donated parts. 8)
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Hmmmm .... interesting. I'm not sure how to answer this, because when I think of it, of all the car guys I hang with, I'm about the only one who has a regular interest in the internet...

Comment

Interesting ideas...

Most seem rather conventional except the Leno idea... which actually has some merit... the real question is HOW does David get that done... ( Tall order )

Unconventional ideas about how to promote this place... the medium and our friends... Hmmm I keep coming back to the thing that my business has run on for years and thats purely word of mouth and satisfied customers... so if we're satisfied... how best do we communicate that to our friends that we want to see here...

Maybe we can get David to write us up an intro that we could share... or something along those lines... Point being if we all shared it with folks that ended up coming here... wallah... we'd be set...

Hmmm, Thoughts?

Keith

Comment

Jay Leno ? you gotta be kidding

Comment

Working...
                              X