THE FORUM JUNKIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE FORUM JUNKIE

hey dave ! how were the sales on the Junior camaro issue ????

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
      Thanks for the help, Keith. Now that we are live we have just started to explore all our marketing options. In order to keep this site going we need $$, and that will come from sponsors, not users. But in order to sell sponsors, we need a lot of users, which is why we need to spread the word as much as we can. We'll have flyers and stickers and shirts and all that, but we need some big ideas.

I don't feel right about asking Leno for favors. Promoting a web site is not a big draw for the Tonight Show.
      Bring a car or two to Spring Fling and have a booth. It's so local the transportation costs are low.

Show and demonstrate the videos and content from the site in your booth. Give spectators a sticker IF they give their email to remind them about the site.

Maybe have some game or gimmic in the booth that you could video spectators participating in. Maybe one of those sitdown drag race trees, but put a funny twist to it. Then tell them that selected videos will appear on carjunkietv . They will go to the site to see if they got picked. And you got them to interect with you.

Another thing would get spectators to interact with your actual product. Have a computer or two there and have people register right there, then give them something.

Or combine all of those somehow.

Remember:

"Presentation without demonstration is merely conversation"

Comment

Put a Red Camaro on the home page! (little magazine humor there )

Comment

DF,

Have you guys considered e-mail accounts? I don't know how difficult/expensive it would be, but it does create visibility when you give out your e-mail address to people throughout their lives. Besides, it would be cool.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by slightlywickedchick
            And second of all, why is it that alot of guys can't watch a car show without a hot chick on it? I am sorry but when I watch... let's say a gardening show or any show for that matter... I don't "have" to have a hot dude on there to keep my attention. I am watching it to learn and be entertained...not to get my panties all wet. :
            Well, now see there--that's just another of the differences between men and women.

Back on topic, what if you contacted several big aftermarket suppliers and asked them about working a deal with getting their e-mail lists, or hired them to send an e-mail to their customer base with a link to the sight and a sample movie?

Yeah yeah yeah...nobody likes spam, but if you can get a company with several hundred thousand customers in their e-mail data base, and send an email to them, and get 1 or 2 or 10 percent to check out the sight, most of them will stay and your numbers will go up. Chances are they aren't going to give you their customer list, but they could send it for you.

Imagine how many people Jegs and Summit have on their e-mail customer data base.

Post on other sites, too. Spend a couple days posting to all the individual cities in Craig's list. Spend days and day posting to enthusiast forums (like you already have...but there are millions of forums. Can't just post to HAMB, Moparts and a couple Chevy sites). Make posting on those other sites somebody's full-time job for a week.
            -Brad

Comment

Just my two cents, ya'll...

LENO: It'd be freakin' awesome if he'd help...but for me, I want him to do it because he wants to, not because he A) feels sorry or obligated to David in some way/shape/form or B) simply needs to fill time on the show. Jay's a car freak through and through, I'd love to see him help too. All I'm saying there is keep it from becoming a chairty case for a friend.

BOOTH: Best idea I saw. The registration computers would be great, a kind of "well, if you're interested, prove it!" thing. Possibly get some Junkies to do it at local shows...?

I would really like to keep the celebrity crap out of this. Yes, DF has Petersen under his belt...it's background. It's proof that he's one of the right people to head this up. It's proof that he understands the whole system. He really hasn't harped on the background info past the obvious or what we've pried out of him, and I personally am grateful for that. Look at some of the other guys on here...Matt, Steve, guys who I've also read growing up. They don't throw it out there all the time.

When the shirts get here, the stickers get here, people will notice. Just gotta be patient, this is still a new thing.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Whatever works. I actually put CARJUNKIETV.COM on my back window and drove from South Carolina to the Border on Texas (Fouke Arkansas). I hope someone sees it. I got plenty of Honks on the way so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                  Whatever works. I actually put CARJUNKIETV.COM on my back window and drove from South Carolina to the Border on Texas (Fouke Arkansas). I hope someone sees it. I got plenty of Honks on the way so far.
                  On the LSR Kia?

Great idea!

Comment

1. Flyers - Maybe someone could make a flyer that people could hand out / set in people's seats at shows/cruises. I know that's how I hear about a lot of car stuff that goes on in my area. I'm not artsy so nothing I come up with will grab anyone's attention.

2. Incentives for referring people, let people sign up for a reference code they can give people when they tell them about carjunkietv or put on flyers, etc., so that for every X many people someone gets to register to the site, they can get a free sticker, or tshirt or whatever.

Comment

See if any mail order companies will put a flier in every box that goes out the door to a customer.
                      It'd cost, I'm sure, but talk about hitting a HUGE hard-target market.

-Brad

Comment

Working...
                      X