X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    ah, hell Joe, you scared me there. I read about Jim's boink and hoped he got the clutch pushed in fast enough to save it. I thought you were gonna say something happened to your ride too.

Mrs. Jim definitely gets the rock solid award. That's awesome.
    I had an oh shit moment on my second pass...the track felt good after my first run so I
    Decided to leave at a little higher rpm and when I popped the clutch the car died and would not start...totaly embarasing,it finally started as the other guy was pulling off the track at the far end....I have no idea what the hell happend....weird....

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    I hope so. The engine hasn't been out of the car for 10 years, 40k miles. I did replace the cam 6 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SSChevyManiac
    replied
    Good to hear. For as long as that setup has been in the '55 it'd sure suck to see it go. Hopefully nothings too bad. Hell maybe you can pull it apart and everything will be good enough to get cleaned up and buttoned back up for another ten thousand.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Plan is to pull it apart and fix it. If it's too bad, I do have a couple other complete big blocks sitting around ready to go, in truck projects.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Mrs. Jim deserves a nice night out, or a spa day. Whatever she feels like. Sorry about your motor got ouched. Hope the damage is minimal.

Leave a comment:

• SSChevyManiac
    replied
    What are the plans now Jim?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    ah, hell Joe, you scared me there. I read about Jim's boink and hoped he got the clutch pushed in fast enough to save it. I thought you were gonna say something happened to your ride too.

Mrs. Jim definitely gets the rock solid award. That's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    yeah it sucks, however much rather it happen at the track having fun then on the road. I am sure it will not be down long..

wonder what my wife would say if i called her to bring the truck and trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    yeah, it was bad. Lost a keeper and dropped an intake valve, somewhere on a 12 second run. Not bad for 7 cylinders. Thanks Joe for the help loading up the car. My wife was getting ready for bed, but when I called her she got her truck hooked up to my trailer and drove 70 miles to rescue me. don't get better than that
    SUCK!

Damned cool that Mrs. Jim loaded up and rode to help you!

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Happy to help! Yeah, when the wife loads up a trailer and straps and drives an hour to rescue you and your car....that makes her a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    yeah, it was bad. Lost a keeper and dropped an intake valve, somewhere on a 12 second run. Not bad for 7 cylinders. Thanks Joe for the help loading up the car. My wife was getting ready for bed, but when I called her she got her truck hooked up to my trailer and drove 70 miles to rescue me. don't get better than that

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    started a topic crappy night at the track

crappy night at the track

Well me and Jim went to the T'n'T tonight along with some of his friends from Sierra Vista. I got 2 passes in and Jim got one...it rained and one of us left on a trailer....

I will let jim tell the rest of the story....

Is the saying "the worst day at the track is still better than a good day at work" or is it golf...I dunno...still had a good time.
Working...
X