Damn I want this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I want this

Car is real close to one I had back in high school......even won two trophys
    at local drag strip with it.

It was a rattle can car and had red line falsies on it...no front bumper.

I'd rattle can it in black primer.....put some red lines on it....get the six banger up and running
    and drive the snot out of it.

So Brian.....give me some advice......how do you break purchases
    like this to the little wifey?

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

how does that go? "Honey, you can keep the house, I'm buying another car. I'll be moving out tomorrow."
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Not sure on the breaking news part. But, if you do get it and want to sell those skirts. Advertise them on LA's Craigslist. The lowriders will kill for those here.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

man that be nice, looks like the grease light'n car

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          Not sure on the breaking news part. But, if you do get it and want to sell those skirts. Advertise them on LA's Craigslist. The lowriders will kill for those here.
          Hey Scott......think I could get $1650 for 'em

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

You know you have to get this, right?
            Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the seller.

Says it' an un molested car and pretty straight.

Gonna look at it next Thursday.
              Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Hey Scott......think I could get $1650 for 'em

That's how you break it to the wife! It's practically free!
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Just got off the phone with the seller.

Says it' an un molested car and pretty straight.

Gonna look at it next Thursday.

Your a good man Monk
                  Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Monk,go for it,hide it at the neighbors . Tell your wife its a brand new car the are going retro for next year.

Comment

after searching for some parts for our '54 - you'd be a fool in everyone's eyes but your wife's for not bringing that home with you for as close to a grand as the guy will go - the asking price seems pretty reasonable to me as long as there are no holes where there shouldn't be any! man that thing has monumental potential - sand, epoxy primer to seal it, then whatever you want on top to give it the right first car vibe.... just stop that surface rust now before it gets too pitted....

as Lohne's would say OOOGA BOOGA!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Don't try and hide it like the other poster said. I tried that several years ago with a new Harley Road King that I hid in my friend's garage for several months till she caught me bragging about it to a friend on the phone. That little boo boo ended up costing me a 5 carat diamond tennis bracelet. Buy it and just bring it home like it's no big deal. Trust me........
                        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

My technique is similar to the WW1 trench warfare tactics applied to attacking machine gun posts.

Take a deep breath, make the sign of the cross, go over the top and charge headlong at that SOB with the bullets flying!

The good is that the firestorm is normally over quickly. The bad is that every now and again, you catch a bullet. So far none of my wounds have been fatal. HA!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I just bring 'em home. Wife don't mind too much, neighbors hate it though..
                            Especially when I brought the ghetto S-10 home with the busted control arm.
                            I parked the busted control arm side against the garage so it don't look to 'billy.

Comment

you need another project... other than that, maybe owning a shop in another state would be good too.

5 carat for a bike? seems worth it
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X