Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just followed me home!, HONEST! Can we keep it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It just followed me home!, HONEST! Can we keep it?

It was riding my bumper for 8 hours yesterday, I think it wanted to stay with us. All i did was feed it and it just followed me.

I have a sickness. Or a weakness, but its definitely a condition. They multiply like rabbits, somehow there are now two 65s here, and another LeMans has joined the group.

To me the rust is minimal, but it does have some in the usual places. THe trunk needs a piece but the floors look ok upon a cursory inspection, still might have some pinholes or something I cant see from the bottom, but it isnt bad. Its a freakin show car compared to the other 65. This thing is like a time capsule, it has tires almost as old as I am on it that hold air and arent weather checked, the interior is nice, and I can tell where everything is supposed to go on a 65 because it is there on this one. Hell I think the purchase price was worth just knowing what its supposed to look like and where it all goes!

Now the big question, does it become a go fast for $5k ride, or do I do something interesting with it?

I would go for the 5k ride at first. then you modify it as you like from there.

Nice car.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Would I have to include rust repairs to make it safe? Dont want the glass coming out, the fenders flapping, or anything like that.

I have been toying with the idea, its easy to lighten it since some parts are going on the GTO, I have a few spare engines, a Th400 in good shape that I have nothing in, and a 9" the right width set up for an A body with 28 spline axles. I think I have $200 in the entire rear with a posi and 3.25 gears.

Comment

I think labor (done by the owner) isn't included in the cost of the car. I've always liked the 65 Pontiac - thought it was the best looking of that entire group (don't tell my dad - he's got a 65 Malibu SS)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

other option would be sell it to me cheap. :p nice score!!

Comment

This is definitely the Michigan version of 'Grandma Fresh' with how nice the interior is. Most of that will go in the GTO. Kinda funny, this is the color Dave wants his car painted. If I had found this one a few years ago he would be getting it instead of the rust bucket in the shop.

Comment

That looks like about 3-4 years of Michigan use, eh? Probably would make a great sleeper, if you can manage to not touch the outside appearance when you're making it safe to drive. I assume you gave less than 5k for it
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

how is the rust bucket coming along ?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  That looks like about 3-4 years of Michigan use, eh? Probably would make a great sleeper, if you can manage to not touch the outside appearance when you're making it safe to drive. I assume you gave less than 5k for it
                  Way less than $5k, and this thing would make the perfect sleeper with the ratted out interior I would put in it after using this one in the GTO. I still need to checkthe fram a bit better, if it is ok then it might just get driven like it is, but with a different engine/transmission. I wonder if I could fit my 467 under the hood without a scoop, and if I could ever make it quiet.. Wait, Brian Rock couldnt fit a Victor/Dominator under his hood, so that engine is out. Not like it would ever hook anyway.. I have a nice 455 that has been in the 70 since 94, rebuilt it that year for $1500, cast bottom end but its solid and runs great. Also there are some 400s around here that would love a pair of hairdryers.

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  how is the rust bucket coming along ?
                  Just doing fill, sand, prime, sand, fill, sand, prime, sand... but its getting there. Will get more done today, after I get this one parked somewhere.

Comment

I was at a friend's shop ..he is loading up on tri five chevys

Comment

Well its better than loading up the yard with what the guy down the road has. At least people want to buy these for something other than scrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X