Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Special - Sets Record With 2 Cylinders !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I'm assuming the 7.75 is a typo - 2.75 right?
    not likely, they probably just switched the position of the gears in the quick change.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Ah yes - the quickchange- I'm slow- but I catch on eventually. A record under 40mph -- HILARIOUS. These guys are hero's.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

At Loring, Turk had me change the ratio in the quick change.

I'm under there doing my thing and I see two white sneakers next to the rear tire.

Turk: "Brian?"
        Me: "Yo"
        Turk: "I'm asking this because it is my car and I have to."
        Me: "Uh...OK"
        Turk: "You are putting the little gear on the bottom and the big gear on the top, correct."
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

this is the most hilariuse thing i have ever heared off lol

i woulder if they will aslo get the record for slowest MPH pass hahaha
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            john deere called --they want their record back
            That's too Funny, LMAO!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I think some guy on a weird home made motorcycle with a tiny diesel engine qualified for a record at like 28 mph. Hell, they may be running against him.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                WTF is a CAMERO ??
                Yap it's time to get a rope!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  32.414 mph, qualified for the record run tomorrow.
                  How fast was the push truck going at the mile mark?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    I would NOT want to be working at Holley right now.

"yes this is the holley tech line how may I help you."

"Hello - my name is Keith Turk, I have one of your brand new carburetors here on the HOTROD camaro - you know - HOTROD MAGAZINE - yea - we're out here in Bonneville trying to run our car - and YOUR carburetor killed our engine by dropping it's bowl vent down the intake during a run.... may I speak to your manager please..."

UNREAL - I thought Holley had cleaned up their act? Who checks the tightness of a bowl vent on a new carb - or ever - REALLY?
                    where has quality control gone in this country?

UGH.

a 2 cylinder BBC - carbed ---- now THIS is going to get interesting!
                    only reason holley "cleaned up their act" was B/G and with him belly up..
                    it'll be back to the junk

Comment

At that MPH why even use the blower??, I'm sure it's not being spun fast enough to create any sort of boost and probably robbing more power than it's producing......

Comment

huh? It'll work just the same as it would if all the cylinders were firing. Why wouldn't it? The steep rearend gears let the motor rev....
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          huh? It'll work just the same as it would if all the cylinders were firing. Why wouldn't it? The steep rearend gears let the motor rev....
                          Lets do the math here, at 3000rpm with a 7.75 rear gear and a 30 inch tall tire and 1:1 trans ratio, top speed would be 34.56mph, which is pretty close to what they ran........And I'm sure that big old ProCharger needs way more rpm than that to make any sort of boost.........

One guy said in one of Keith's posts they have to run it to compete in the Blower Class........
                          Last edited by TC; August 17, 2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

And just thinking here, which I know can be very dangerous, but could I drive the Turbo T-bird to Bonneville, remove two of the spark plug wires and try to break their record??

Comment

I have broken boosters off with a screwdriver before

freak stuff , but efi would have cured the problem hahahahahaha OMG LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                                And just thinking here, which I know can be very dangerous, but could I drive the Turbo T-bird to Bonneville, remove two of the spark plug wires and try to break their record??
                                won't be able to run a car that new in the "classic" category, which they compete in.

What's the rpm in low gear at 30 mph? somewhere around 6k or so, right? plenty of boost up there
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X