Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Special - Sets Record With 2 Cylinders !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
    I have broken boosters off with a screwdriver before

freak stuff , but efi would have cured the problem hahahahahaha OMG LOL
    again with the rules, no EFI in Classic unless the car came with it, and you use an OEM system
    Last edited by squirrel; August 17, 2011, 03:54 PM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      won't be able to run a car that new in the "classic" category, which they compete in.

What's the rpm in low gear at 30 mph? somewhere around 6k or so, right? plenty of boost up there
      6000rpm, 30" tire, 7.75 gears and a 2.75 first gear only gets them 25mph........And they got a push start, so they didn't start off in a low gear........ But I do get what your saying...

Thing is it only takes something like 10hp to keep 3500lbs moving at 40mph....... So I'm taking it the other 6 cylinders not working are really working against them......
      Last edited by TC; August 17, 2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

That has to be the most expensive 35mph car EVER! Hell don't vespa's run faster than that?

Comment

it was only a qualifing pass who's to say they didn't give it full beans on that run and are saving what is left of the car for the record passes
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            6000rpm, 30" tire, 7.75 gears and a 2.75 first gear only gets them 25mph........And they got a push start, so they didn't start off in a low gear........ But I do get what your saying...

Thing is it only takes something like 10hp to keep 3500lbs moving at 40mph....... So I'm taking it the other 6 cylinders not working are really working against them......
            the car was also not even running untill after it was being pushed. you can hear it start up wile being pushed
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              I have broken boosters off with a screwdriver before

freak stuff , but efi would have cured the problem hahahahahaha OMG LOL
              oh ya the new wonder drug.. hahaha

I think it's great that they at least gave it the ole ,we don't give up..
              but that maybe only because it was an open record and makes for good print..
              bet they red locktight every carb from here on out..
              it being sucked up and out (with vacuum sucking down) sounds like I need boots on..
              what monkey broke it off.. we'll never know..
              good reading none the less and next time bring a spare bullet

Comment

don't forget to change the oil before the next run, the cyl wash from the raw fuel , must be filling the crank case with good ole gas

Comment

here is the other record.
                  .873B Clever Clatter 350CC A-PBG 0.000 15.851 Lombardini
                  but there is a big stink over this rule, because rules say an motorcycle must run a Motorcycle engine. ( or so on the landracing .com forums)
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Is that the bike with the weird diesel engine?
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      Is that the bike with the weird diesel engine?
                      Yep.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• get randal to ride a 18 speed bike beside it for a drag race 1 mile run..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          get randal to ride a 18 speed bike beside it for a drag race 1 mile run..
                          I was racing at the velodrome tonight and we were clocked at 41.387 mph... and only one gear

still, I totally get the reason behind what they're doing - and it's really cool
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• One of those one cylinder bicycle/motorcycle thingy's might be able to beat that record. Heck, them thar dudes that race their riding mowers move twice that speed.

But, they made a good time from a big let down. Way to go guys.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Guys.... sorry I'm just now getting here and don't have time to read this morning..... BUT DAMN IT MAN... this is easily the most fun I've ever had a Bville..... Freaking absolutely stupidly crazy ass FUN....

We run in about an hour

Life Rocks... Pure and simple...

K

Comment

• Thanks for the entertainment from far away Keith, we're having a lot of fun following along. Hope for the best!
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X