Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rod Special - Sets Record With 2 Cylinders !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Probably wouldn't puddle much since those cylinders would not be sucking.

Too bad they can't configure it to use the remaining cylinders to supercharge the two firing ones!
    Hanging the exhaust valves open by over adjusting them, then letting the intake valve function normally. Keeps vacuum pull from those cylinders at a minimum and keeps fuel from puddling in the intake.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    How about tightening the rocker adjustment - effectively hanging the valves open as long as possible - if the piston to valve clearance is sufficient - this would reduce the pumping losses in the unused cylinders as much as possible - giving the two running cylinders less to drag along for the ride.

Which two cylinders are they going to run it on?
    first and middle in the firing order?
    two next to each other in the same bank?
    V2 configuration?
    by firing order to space them evenly in the crank rotation?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Is there anyway to block off 6 unused intake runners? With the intake valves closed would the fuel puddle up in the head and intake, cause any problem?
    Probably wouldn't puddle much since those cylinders would not be sucking.

Too bad they can't configure it to use the remaining cylinders to supercharge the two firing ones!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I would NOT want to be working at Holley right now.

"yes this is the holley tech line how may I help you."

"Hello - my name is Keith Turk, I have one of your brand new carburetors here on the HOTROD camaro - you know - HOTROD MAGAZINE - yea - we're out here in Bonneville trying to run our car - and YOUR carburetor killed our engine by dropping it's bowl vent down the intake during a run.... may I speak to your manager please..."

UNREAL - I thought Holley had cleaned up their act? Who checks the tightness of a bowl vent on a new carb - or ever - REALLY?
    where has quality control gone in this country?

UGH.

a 2 cylinder BBC - carbed ---- now THIS is going to get interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
    What looks like a Camaro, sounds like a Harley, and accelerates like an Acura? Stay tuned...
    Now that is some funny sh!t right there ........

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Buwhahaha!

That's gonna be a weird sounding sucker. Because I guess you'd have to back off the intake rockers and leave 6 of the spark plugs out!!!

We need video.

We need video.
    Is there anyway to block off 6 unused intake runners? With the intake valves closed would the fuel puddle up in the head and intake, cause any problem?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Buwhahaha!

That's gonna be a weird sounding sucker. Because I guess you'd have to back off the intake rockers and leave 6 of the spark plugs out!!!

We need video.

We need video.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    the 572 or the 491?

The little motor would be 122, big motor 143. Does not surprise me at all that they'd try it, really.
    not the only open class.. did you ever goof more with the crank you were looking at?

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    facebook picture. Interesting....
    Yup, notice the vents on the carburetor are gone? One destroyed a piston, the other was ready to fall out.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
    What looks like a Camaro, sounds like a Harley, and accelerates like an Acura? Stay tuned....
    oh thats a keeper, that is awsum

Leave a comment:

• BangShift McT
    replied
    What looks like a Camaro, sounds like a Harley, and accelerates like an Acura? Stay tuned...

I'm laughing my ass off right now. If they're doing it, I want videos.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    facebook picture. Interesting....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    the 572 or the 491?

The little motor would be 122, big motor 143. Does not surprise me at all that they'd try it, really.

Leave a comment:

• Caveman Tony
    replied
    just picked myself up off the floor, that's the funniest sh*t i've heard all week. Hope they pull it off!

Just curious, how many c.i. is 1/4 of 572? (thats what was in it at loring, no?) or was it another new motor?

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    Turk just posted this on FB - "But Wait there's more... we're at Bonneville already.... so we're trying to make it run on 2 cylinders.... seems the record is OPEN"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X