Transmission issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I don't know....probably for the same reason I'd swap that guts out of that Caddy th400 I have into that Chevy case? I expect he knows what's in each of them, and would build the transmission appropriately.
    Pretty much. The chevy 400 has the big clutch packs since it came out of a 3/4 ton camper special. I would not hurt that thing, but I would want it in a BOP case since I would have to change the tailshaft from the truck setup. If you are tearing it down to swap tailshafts, why not just put it in the case that doesnt need the adapter, and use the adapter in something else. The BOP case needs new seals and a few other things, it had issues and that is why I pulled it and stuffed the 200 back in it.

Ya know, the 65 LeMans has the ST300 two speed in it. I am going to bet it is pretty close to TH350 length, which might work with the 700... So tomorrow I will measure it, and check the underside of the LeMans out for rust while I am under there. That car is getting a different trans anyway, no fan of two speeds. If nothing else, the 65 GTO will be painted Monday/Tuseday and I will be able to focus on the 70 for a few days while I wait for the paint to cure.

Still need a truck going too... For the next few months I am going to be busier than a three legged cat covering poop. I hnope the pain meds hold out! Might have to see about getting a 'green card' since its legal here and the VA wont mess with me about it.

Comment

the 300 is the same dimensions as the short 350. And it has the small diameter switch pitch converter....good stuff...that's what the higher stall switch pitch 400 converters are made from.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
      X