No announcement yet.

This Man is a True American Hero!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Man is a True American Hero!!!!!!

Father of 2 becomes hero in abducted girl's rescue

Next time in Albuquerque, I'm going to look this guy up and take him and his family to dinner!!!!!

Originally posted by TC View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44175887...ife/?GT1=43001

Next time in Albuquerque, I'm going to look this guy up and take him and his family to dinner!!!!!
    A real live John Wayne! WTG.

Comment

Hell yeah! we need more people like him in the world!
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Heck yeah on hero.

So how many of us here would do that? That's a tough question I know, because none of us ever know how we'll react from instinct in a split-second decision. Whatever it is, it comes from the gut.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have that special kind of crazy. I definitely would have chased that s.o.b.

Also, I'm still young and stupid enough to feel invincible.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Heck yeah on hero.

So how many of us here would do that?
            I would and have done similar things. Most people here would too, I believe. Look at the way we all jump in to help each other out, it all comes from the same area. You see someone that needs help, you help.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

people are sending our hero gifts

Comment

Absolutely amazing, a true hero!

Linda

Comment

He's absolutely a hero.... but is he an American?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    He's absolutely a hero.... but is he an American?
                    Who really cares..... if it wasn't for him that girl would be dead........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Who really cares..... if it wasn't for him that girl would be dead........
                      true - to be clear, let me reiterate my point in a different way. Anyone can be a hero, no matter their citizenship.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That man is A SUPER HERO!
                        The most terrifying thing to any parent would be to see any child at the mercy of one of these monsters!

In San Diego we had a terrible abduction a few years back, Loren even took a day and went out to the desert to search, it really effected the intire city, and it did not end well.

When my baby was in Kindergarten she rode the bus to a drop off point on the highway, my mother was ALWAYS there to pick her up. One day mom had a stroke and no one knew, so there was no one there to pick her up that day. The idiot bus driver let her out of the bus anyway all by herself. She had about a 2 long block walk to get out of view of the highway, then another half mile to go to get to the house... That same day I was dropping off artwork I had done for the teacher when one of the helper people came in to the classroom and asked where Tricia was...knowing she should have been on the bus The teacher and I started to really freak out. I started calling and no one answered then my stupid cell ran out of batteries, I was driving like a maniac to get to the house I made a left onto the highway on a red light etc... When I got home I could tell she had been there as a half empty pudding cup sat on the back of the couch. She went next door to neighbors that we knew really well and she was fine, they didn't have my cell and Tricia didn't know the number well.
                        The school bus people we had a come to Jesus meeting with later said that unless a parent specified in writing ahead of time that their child was not to be let out of the bus unless there is a cleared adult there to meet them, that it was thier policy to let them out, even 5 year olds on a busy 2 lane highway. I pointed out to them that No where in any of the mountain of crap or their website did it state that policy. I pretty much tore them a new one...The next year their policy changed.

~Gail
                        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; August 18, 2011, 04:21 PM.
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

they don't let the kids off now without a [arent to pick em up , they bring the lil rat back to the yard , we used to hear the banter on the radio , the dispatcher calling the house etc

Comment

^^^^ What TC said. In my life I don't really or at all care about race, color or creed. That was an amazing act of courage by a human being. That....I'm still analyzing it...could or would I do that? I just don't know. I wouldn't know until the moment. And I mean I don't know.

I can sit here and guess, but.......a whole lot of us are timid, don't get involved, look the other way, etc...but I don't think any of us would ever know until it happened. In a second - Hey, THIS IS WRONG. So chase the perp, or not.

I mean, like call 911 on the cell and say the tag number if you can see it. I think the whole thing boils down to the unknown factor - did the crazy sumbitch have a gun? That's life or death, and the real question of pursue or not as a civilian. Roll the dice. The hero did it.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have a dumb theory that goes something along the line that good people (dudes like us), whether you think you have the mojo during times like this, will almost always act when some crazy stuff happens in front of them and there's only time to react the way your gut tells you to. This guy wasn't sitting around for weeks debating what he'd do if he saw a child get snatched, he just decided to go shit-house when he saw it happen and do what he thought he could do.

My favorite movie of all time is Unbreakable with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson. Kind of like this scenario. You don't really know what you're made of until all of it is pressed into service.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X