Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Block does his thing

In case anyone missed this yesterday.

He jumped the shark with that one. The first three were pretty bad ass demonstrations of driving. That one had a couple good moments (Epic meal time guys) but the special effects and Bollywood stuff were a total fail for me.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

stuntman

Comment

add a hand brake to a car and thats what you can do..
        lets see it done with throttle control and no hand brake.. like it was done before the drifting world..

Comment

Yeah, the snowboard park vid was the best one I think. He actually hurt himself pretty bad filming that. Back injury if I remember right.

Comment

Most of the drifting guys have a hand brake.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Most of the drifting guys have a hand brake.
              thats my point, ever drive one, it isn't all that hard to look good..

now do it with nothing but throttle and gears

Comment

@Brian Lohnes I agree the first 3 were awesome this one was to Hollywood for me, but I guess that what happens when you get popular. It still a great car video that will have all the kiddies doing stupid things with their civics. I'm just glad he's in a ford.. for now.

@Stich496 handbrake or not it takes skill. I think Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin jr are better but its cool that people think cars are cool again. In stead of people thinking NASCAR is all of motorsports.

@VTJUNK Yeah the one where he jumped and over shot the landing by a ton? I think he messed a vertebrate up :x

Comment

seemed more for kids this time.
                  of course I am older now than I was for the last one.
                  time keeps ticking along. amazing.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    thats my point, ever drive one, it isn't all that hard to look good..
                    Somebody is full of crap, as usual.

As a sorta acquaintance of some of the DC Shoes guys, I have to tell you I don't begrudge any one of them their talent, or money. That video is different, but as fun to watch as ever.

Me and my freinds, we used to "drift" before it was uh, invented...when those old T/A Radials I paid so much for new got down to where the tread didn't show any more, all four of 'em got finished off in spectacular fashion. That included lots of dirt lot stuff, a couple of good curb hits and one particular incident involving clearing off a hillside of bushes, and the Glendale CA Police. Having a slight REAL clue as to what it takes to get a car to do those things, my hat is off to Block once again.

Comment

jumped the shark ? more like jumped the monkey
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

You win this time Charles...this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Somebody is full of crap, as usual.

As a sorta acquaintance of some of the DC Shoes guys, I have to tell you I don't begrudge any one of them their talent, or money. That video is different, but as fun to watch as ever.

Me and my freinds, we used to "drift" before it was uh, invented...when those old T/A Radials I paid so much for new got down to where the tread didn't show any more, all four of 'em got finished off in spectacular fashion. That included lots of dirt lot stuff, a couple of good curb hits and one particular incident involving clearing off a hillside of bushes, and the Glendale CA Police. Having a slight REAL clue as to what it takes to get a car to do those things, my hat is off to Block once again.
                          But Block has the tools to do this..you cant drift with a original 59 Caddy...

Comment

LOREN won't brag but I will! He was a Mullholland racer back in the day, he had a V8 Vega and apparently no fear. People would not race with him after a while. When I met him the Vega was being re-done and I "got to" sand the primer...
                            ~Gail
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

well he ain't john force

the ford stickers make the chrysler hemi with the gmc blower go much faster

Comment

Working...
                              X