Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Not to Buy a Project Vehicle, preamble to a wrecker tale..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not to Buy a Project Vehicle, preamble to a wrecker tale..

Fifty miles. After 16 grueling hours of nonstop cursing, bleeding, sweating and huffing gas fumes from the open jerry can in the floorboard, I'm less than an hour from home, laying on the oil-soaked asphalt of a truck pull off on the side of I-40 with antifreeze in my eyes. Both of them.

Admittedly, this was not part of the plan.

Confession time: I spend an inordinate amount of time in the autos section of Craigslist. That site is like Krispy Kreme doughnuts dipped in crack cocaine for any connoisseur of bad ideas, and I, loyal readers, am the world's foremost authority on poor decisions. So it should come as no surprise that when my wife took off for a business trip for a few days, I turned to my other mistress

Dude, just put the link up from Autoblog. It is their story.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

yes I know, but it sounds like alot of us

1975 International Pickup Project Vehicle - Click above for high-res image gallery Fifty miles. After 16 grueling hours of nonstop cursing, bleeding, s
      Last edited by Stich496; August 17, 2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Dude, just put the link up from Autoblog. It is their story.
        I thought that sounded familiar. It is a great story.

Comment

sounds like a ford's
          AHAHA

Comment

I read that story awhile ago - was the impetus for me trying to convince Brian to buy the wrecker in Texas and drive it back... figured the story would even be better since Brian is a better writer and the wrecker was (well) a wreck.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
            X