No announcement yet.

I've gone weak or something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with getting rid of a car payment! I don't have a problem with moding a DD but I also like to keep a spare or two around for when you get in it in the morning and they don't crank you just get out and go to the next. I enjoy driving an old paid for car more than a new one with a payment.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

You're starting to sound like Frieberger in his 'going soft' columns. Nothing wrong with a DD you can count on though.

Comment

When later model cars start to get old (which includes pretty much anything built in the 90s) then you get to enjoy the fun of fixing all that computer operated stuff. It was great when it worked right, but not so great when you realize how many "extra" parts one of these things has, compared to a car/truck from the 1960s. And the extra parts aren't cheap, either. $800 for an ABS module, $300 for an in tank fuel pump, $300 each for plastic electric window regulators, not to mention the computer control system on the transmissions.

We've been getting into this with my wife's 99 silverado and her 99 Prowler.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is why I unloaded the Ram, it was getting too expensive to maintain...It was a good truck for 10 years, alright for 11 and 12 but then...*poof* up in smoke...

I am onboard with most everyone here..DD's dont need to be effed with...My Mustang is a prime example...perfect as it is for my applications. I get 20 aroudntown and can knock down between 27 and 32 on the highway...why eff with that? if I start modding, dependability comes into question as does the fuel mileage...

Enjoy!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

When your DD becomes a "project" it takes away from your other projects. That's why I haven't messed with the Crown Vic, I put gas in it and drive it.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Bunch of quitters.........why can't a V-8 S-10 be reliable? Drove on to work every day for years. I wouldn't do it agai with 3.42 gears and a Turbo 400 living 30 miles from work!
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
              X