Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever seen a parking meter like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever seen a parking meter like this?

Back about 12 or 13 years ago I started collecting old Parking Meters. We lost most of them in a house fire, but fortunately for me, the guy that restored them for me still had a few at his place that he was working on. Fast forward 13 years, and after numerous attempts to try and figure out a way to get them shipped, I hopped in the car and drove the 1100 miles back to IL to get them since he was getting married and moving away. This parking meter was my favorite and was thrilled that out of all the ones to be saved, it was one of them. It was made in Eugene, OR and lights up after you insert your penny for 12 minutes or 5 pennies for an hour. If anyone has any memories of these, or knows of anymore, please let eme know.
    Attached Files
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

All I know is that my love of old trucks seems WAY less weird now.

(KIDDING...this is neato!)

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You thnk that's wierd, here's one wall in the living room. The rest are just as covered....

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      All I know is that my love of old trucks seems WAY less weird now.

(KIDDING...this is neato!)

Brian
      Attached Files
      Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

The Aston Martin sign above the fireplace came from the Steve McQueen estate where it hung out in his shop.
        Attached Files

Comment

And in case you didn't know, there really was a Route 666 aka Highway to Hell, and part of it ran thru NM. As soon as they announced they were changing the name I went out see (steal one) of them and EVERY one of the signs had been taken down. I paid stupid money for this original. My wife, being the minister's daughter that she is, fines zero humor in it. I friggin' love the thing.
          Attached Files

Comment

the Christian in me is comment that it's quite reasonable to believe the highway to hell is in New Mexico. There are some weird folks there (not bad, just weird)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So is there no one else on the board that collects parking meters? I figured there had to be at least one sicko with a few of them at their place.

Comment

I remember putting one horizontally when I had to drive my front wheel over the curb at inline parking once...

I generally hate machines where you put money in and you get nothing in return... ;)
                Last edited by BigBlockMopar; August 20, 2011, 02:44 AM.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Enabling time!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1930...5#ht_974wt_934

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X