Teenage girl Plays Hendrix's Red House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage girl Plays Hendrix's Red House

Nothing to do with cars, but I know we got some guitar lovers here so check this kid out. Anyone know who she is?

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

DAY-um!!!! Who IS that?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That's just amazing. Ability and talent is on a bell curve, statistically. Like everything else.

The cream is at the top. Everybody else is in the fat part of the bell curve, because that's how the graph is drawn.

To see anybody that young play that well.......well, she's "got it."

I used to blame it on tableture, a tool we never had years ago. It shows what string and what fret to hit on every note for songs that are already out there. You can even get charts to play finger picking stuff lke Chet Atkins. Complicated music made simple. I think that's why so many kids with guitars these days can play so well. Mechanical. Just mimicking. Nothing original.

But the young lady in the video is wailing....who IS that?
      Last edited by pdub; August 19, 2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Wow. Just...wow.

Comment

how come pee wee isn't doing that?

notes is mechanical as is mimicking. The only real play ever is on someones own way.
          she was good, and her voice is better than jimi hendrix.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            how come pee wee isn't doing that?

notes is mechanical as is mimicking. The only real play ever is on someones own way.
            she was good, and her voice is better than jimi hendrix.
            I wish I could understand you sometimes. I think there may be some genius lurking in there.

Comment

damn

Comment

There's a link on the bottom of the page, it's Chantel McGregor.

http://www.chantelmcgregor.com/

Realising at an early age that if you picked up a guitar you got attention, especially from her dad whose guitar it usually was, it was inevitable that she would get one of her own. So at the ripe old age of three, she got her first guitar, a half size acoustic.

At seven she started lessons but soon noticed that not only did the electric guitars have a smaller neck, making them ideal for little hands, but they could also make a lot more noise. After more lessons and a lot more noise, and at the grand old age of eight she became the youngest person in the country to pass a Rockschool grade. More lessons followed and with them came the realisation that if you want people to listen, you need to sing!

So it came to pass that at the age of twelve she arrived at the famous Melborn Hotel in Bradford to play and sing at the weekly jam session. Helped and encouraged by all the musicians, she developed rapidly into a incredible rock and blues musician.

Now described as a "prodigy", a visit from a major label soon followed and at fourteen she was told "great voice, but girls don't play guitar like that!" by the head of their A&R. Their advice to change styles because boys would be intimidated was met with an attitude of "that's their problem! I'm not changing!" Singing and playing on national television and radio soon followed.

Then came a change of direction, studying with a view to becoming an English teacher, musically she went away from live performance to concentrate on her exams, whilst at the same time recording and writing, and having passed her A Levels, chose music.

Now qualified at Grade Eight, the wrong “A” Levels required for a music degree course meant enrolling at the world renowned Leeds College of Music for a Btec in Popular Music where she became the first student in the college’s history to achieve a 100% pass mark, 18 distinctions. Progressing onto the degree course she became the holder of the prize for outstanding musicianship for 2006/7 on the way to achieving a First Class Honours degree in Popular Music in July 2009 and at the same time the award for guitar.

Once free of the restrictions of studying, she started performing both solo and with her band throughout the UK, quickly building a following and being asked to play at festivals throughout the UK and Europe.

This has now led to the release of her debut album "Like No Other", from which the track "Help Me" has been included in the worldwide release from Universal Records "100 Years of The Blues".
                Last edited by joebogey; August 19, 2011, 06:39 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah !!!

Comment

She looks like she just came from her prom.

At first, I thought I'd be looking at Orianthi. A little Aussie girl that can wail. I saw her play when I drove her a couple years ago. Here she is playing with Steve Vai.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=boxer3main;552187]how come pee wee isn't doing that?

QUOTE]

Because I can't. As simple as that.

Comment

I saw this earlier today, she definitely has talent.........And I don't know what it is with kids today, but my friends kid started playing guitar by watching YouTube at the age of 14, he just turned 18 and his band just signed a record deal and went on tour......... Talk about living the Life!!!!!!

Oh ya, they do Christian Thrash Metal........Apparently the Kids in Utah love them........
                        Last edited by TC; August 19, 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I'm not good enough to go on tour for any reason to start with. And after traveling for a living (work) for 8 years, I sure do love being home. I would be on a job and announce, "I'm not going to be here next week, I'll be on vacation."

Right away the folks would ask, "Where are you going on your vacation?"

Home. I had to take a vacation to be home. That's a pretty bad way to be.

I can only picture that's the life of a touring musician, or anybody else stuck out on the road.

Comment

The fact that she is that talented at her young age is impressive. But what I find more remarkable is the fact that someone her age can appreciate good music. She just as easily could have gone the path of so many other young performers today and been a pop icon in a meat dress.

My hat's off to her. She has skills and good taste.

Ron
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                            X