Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay Wipers

Howdy,

I'm busy scheming on how to add modern conveniences to my Riviera because afterall... it's a Buick. I've been looking into different kinds of delay wipers and after designing my own delay system that looked like a Rube Goldberg meets Thomas Edison drawing I decided it'd be easy enough to adapt a later model "depressed park" delay wipers off of a B-body. Sincer I'm not really old enough to remember the delay wipers of the 70's, which were more reliable?
    74-76 B/E-Body (LeSabre/Caprice/Riviera) or 94-96 B/D-body (Impala SS/Caprice/Roadmaster/Fleetwood) units? I have the wiper motor and control stalk out of a 94 Impala SS but the wiring looks a bit more complicated than the wiring off of a '74 LeSabre.

I know Spidey has mentioned hating some delay wipers so was the early stuff reliable?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

the old ones sucked , they had to be timed

Comment

if you want intermittent wipers, get the motor from a 58 chevy. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        if you want intermittent wipers, get the motor from a 58 chevy. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't
        hehe....

Notice I said delay not intermittent squirrel.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
        X