Please pray up my friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray up my friend

My friend's daughter (4 years old) was just hit by an unlicensed, uninsured, undocumented male. She is on her way to the hospital now.

Update: mild concussion.... what a miracle, truck was going 18 mph.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 19, 2011, 06:00 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Prayers sent!!.Hops she isnt too badly injured.

Comment

Geez Man, Sorry to hear that, Prayers are with her and her family, I can only imagine how traumatic that would be!
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
        Prayers sent!!.Hops she isnt too badly injured.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Glad she's doing ok. Hopefully the driver was pummeled.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

mild concussion - the cops told my friend that they weren't going to cite the driver and that if they saw any kid in the streets they would cite the parents.... if you ever wonder why I became a lawyer, refer to that last sentence.

Comment

Glad she's ok, that could have been a hell of a lot worse.

What the hell??? How could they not cite the driver? If he was operating a vehicle without a license HE SHOULD GET A TICKET NO MATTER WHAT! Not to mention everything else! Was it time for shift change at the cop shop or what?
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                Glad she's ok, that could have been a hell of a lot worse.

What the hell??? How could they not cite the driver? If he was operating a vehicle without a license HE SHOULD GET A TICKET NO MATTER WHAT! Not to mention everything else! Was it time for shift change at the cop shop or what?
                No license, no insurance the driver's car would be impounded in LA.

Glad the little girl will be OK.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Glad the little girl is going to be o.k.. They need to take that unlicens, non insured immigrant and and use him as an example. How he is NOT getting a ticket is mind blowing....
                  Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

It cracks me up how some parents use signs that are mentioned for the end of their drive"watch for kids "or "kids playing "and put them in the street of there subdivision.I'm thinking really? I'm going to drive over one of those signs one of these days. Now back to the subject......no matterif the child was at fault .......they had a driver that had broken several laws.....throw the book at him!
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      mild concussion - the cops told my friend that they weren't going to cite the driver and that if they saw any kid in the streets they would cite the parents.... if you ever wonder why I became a lawyer, refer to that last sentence.
                      in this case, lets put him in the road and run him over. cant get in trouble......glad the little girl is okay. having 2 kids of my own i would hate to have to go thru that. here's to a speedy recovery.

Comment

Mild concussion is a blessing. I hope that she recovers quick.

Pedestrians have the right of way in Texas, or more specifically, since only emergency vehicles actually "Have" the right of way, you must yield the right of way to a pedestrian.

Go light them up. That's the stupidest comment I've heard from a cop in quite a while. Somebody's badge needs to stop working. That just sounds like an invitation for a Pro Bono Boning.
                        Last edited by Beagle; August 20, 2011, 06:57 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Really? .... No citation for the driver? .... I'd have jailed him!

Where's the culpability on the part of the child? I can see if it was pitch dark out on a non lighted rural road and the kid was dressed in all black .... Her parents need to file a formal complaint with the PD as well as the DA's office. In Colorado (and most states are similar) citizens are able to "swear out" a complaint with the DA's office and by-pass the PD/SO.

Glad the kid is doing ok .... thoughts and prayers sent non the less.
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            that's why cops are cops and not in charge of anything meaningful. Sorry to the GOOD cops on here, I know there are some, but my experiences with most of them = similar to BuickGuy's.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks guys for your support. It means a great deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X