Please pray up my friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    mild concussion - the cops told my friend that they weren't going to cite the driver and that if they saw any kid in the streets they would cite the parents.... if you ever wonder why I became a lawyer, refer to that last sentence.
    they want them here

Comment

the cynic in me thinks this: the cop was being pragmatic. He knows the driver will never show up in Court, so why write so many tickets to someone who'll never show? - OTH if he writes up the parents, he can go arrest them and get even more money out of them if they don't show.

pro bono is for cases that will never pay the attorney's fees but are a just cause (I generally have at least one of those cases going at any given time). This case is a contingency case where the governments pays my fees because of their stupid policies (hard to get re-elected when your opponent uses these cases to point out the inept policymaker). I still don't think it was the cop's call about not arresting; at minimum it was his supervisor and most likely department policy... what rubs is if it'd been a citizen, they'd have cuffed and stuffed him before the motor was cool in his truck.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

we have a lot of undocumented people in jail here, and guess who pays for them to eat and sleep. It's pretty easy to get cynical about it.

I hadn't thought about contingency.. was just thinking freebie slap. I don't know what was said exactly, but if it was anywhere close to what I think I heard, I'd want someody to get the point rammed down their throat - the response from your Protectors was not acceptable. Stupid should hurt so you'll remember next time? If it's coming from above and he wasn't just being a jackass, yeah, I'd want to go up the chain to the point of origin. Good grief, even if it was from above, can you see yourself EVER telling a parent that? Particularly one of an injured child... yikes.
        Twelve people on the bench with children. I think we know how that would turn out.

Is she doing okay today? Home yet?
        Last edited by Beagle; August 21, 2011, 06:32 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          mild concussion - the cops told my friend that they weren't going to cite the driver and that if they saw any kid in the streets they would cite the parents.... if you ever wonder why I became a lawyer, refer to that last sentence.
          WTF really they let him go and make the parents the bad guy? I would kill someone if it was my kid glade she will be ok but WTF

Comment

I realize I wasn't clear - she's was released Friday night with a mild concussion, and she's made it through the 24 hour observation period.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thank you. Good to hear...
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X